Jaguars UDFA Thread

.Buzz

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So how many UDFAs have a legit shot to make the 53?

i see us maybe having 2 Making the roster but i think theres 4 or 5 guys who have a shot.  Meeks, Delany, Lazard, Jackson, adams. 

Also this Darius Tice kid might be something we sign after minicamp.  decent size at 5 foot 9 207 but ran a terrible 40 at 4.68 but he did put up 27 reps(would have been 3rd at combine) and did a 33 vert jump.  

On 08/05/2018 at 10:40 AM, LinderFournette said:

i see us maybe having 2 Making the roster but i think theres 4 or 5 guys who have a shot.  Meeks, Delany, Lazard, Jackson, adams. 

Also this Darius Tice kid might be something we sign after minicamp.  decent size at 5 foot 9 207 but ran a terrible 40 at 4.68 but he did put up 27 reps(would have been 3rd at combine) and did a 33 vert jump.  

And there's always the Practice Squad too.  Though our team has at times, had trouble figuring out who they can successfully stash there without losing them.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Everyone keeps saying we need a RB..why not him lol

cuz he isnt good and takes time to build up speed. compared to Tice he takes .1 seconds longer to cover 10 yards and .25 to cover 20 yards. 

tice while not as fast over longer distances as fournette hits the hole at about the same time as fournette and only .13 over 20 yards. 

i feel like the competition should really be between Tim Cook, who we kept last year on the PS, Brandon Wilds, who was also on the PS last year, and Darius tice. 

Cook is faster at the 40 then Tice(.1) but nearly equal at the 20 and worse at the 10(by a good .2 Seconds). 

Wilds seems to have the best athletic abilities between the 3 but for whatever reason hasnt produced much in his Limited NFL career(10 carries 27 yards 2 catches 10 yards)

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Everyone keeps saying we need a RB..why not him lol

We need a good RB, mostly in the event that one of the top-3 guys goes down for any length of time.  More than some random fringe guy.

we have signed/Planning to sign LB Manase Hungalu and TE Zach Conque both of whom were at our Rookie Camp. 

Hungalu is a decent LB but doesnt seem to wow me based on measurables.  http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1006241&draftyear=2018&genpos=ILB

Conque is intriguing as he is a Former QB who projects to me as a Move TE at 6 foot 5 232 and runs a 4.59 40 and is fairly athletic.  probably wont make the roster but seems like a solid Project for the PS potentially. he is a 1st year guy.  http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=122500&draftyear=2017&genpos=TE 

On 10/05/2018 at 4:57 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its not like were finding that in the UDFA pool anyways

It's unlikely, but you never know.  RBs can be voodoo.  Just kinda weird that they didn't do anything to bolster the position in the draft or FA...and haven't really landed anyone impressive in UDFA either.

I mean, it's gonna be hard...because you know Fournette is gonna eat as long as he's healthy.  And Yeldon+Grant are both quality depth backs in their own right, so any UDFA is looking at a situation where they're a clear 4th (at best) on the depth chart to start (and in danger of not making the cut).  So we're not gonna lure in top tier UDFA RBs.  But that's sorta...all the more reason to have tried to secure an UDFA RB guy they really like in the 7th round or something.

16 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's unlikely, but you never know.  RBs can be voodoo.  Just kinda weird that they didn't do anything to bolster the position in the draft or FA...and haven't really landed anyone impressive in UDFA either.

I mean, it's gonna be hard...because you know Fournette is gonna eat as long as he's healthy.  And Yeldon+Grant are both quality depth backs in their own right, so any UDFA is looking at a situation where they're a clear 4th (at best) on the depth chart to start (and in danger of not making the cut).  So we're not gonna lure in top tier UDFA RBs.  But that's sorta...all the more reason to have tried to secure an UDFA RB guy they really like in the 7th round or something.

im pretty sure we can call up Shoelace again

Archived