7th Round Pick (239th Overall): A Long Snapper

Packerraymond

7 hours ago, Kepler said:

There's gonna be a conspiracy theory website about Gute and the illuminati planning to take down GB. It all started when TT cut Favre and culminated with a longs napper. You just broke the story. Now the world knows

I hear Gute and TT (the puppet master) get bonuses from the board for every saved dollar of cap room.

8 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Ron Wolf was drafting pro bowlers in the late rounds, even the 7th. This clown is drafting punters and long snappers. If I felt like dealing with another 50 argumentative responses I could easily cement my place as the guy everyone will remember in 5 years as the one who said early on that this franchise was a sinking ship. They're on a fast track to the 80's. Once Rodgers retires or his play drops off, its gonna be ugly. Rodgers will keep them afloat for awhile but by 2022 this franchise is going to be scorched earth. They're doing everything wrong right now. Going against so many of the things that got them out of the hole they found themselves in the 1980's. Meddling from board members, a divided power structure, wasting picks, reaching for need. It all goes against the changes Ron Wolf made to turn the franchise around. Not one person will agree with this right now. I'll be cast as a whack job. I honestly don't GAF at this point. What I'm seeing, hearing, reading is just that bad. The signs and clues are there. We're effed. 

7th rounders are throwaway, you've pretty much got as much chance with an UDFA as you have a 7th rounder. If you want a snapper, no harm in taking one here. Its the Punter that's annoying. 5th rounders are proper picks - we have had decent lineman there in the past. We had a pro-bowl alternate punter, if you want another one then throw a 7th at it 

6 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

7th rounders are throwaway, you've pretty much got as much chance with an UDFA as you have a 7th rounder. If you want a snapper, no harm in taking one here. Its the Punter that's annoying. 5th rounders are proper picks - we have had decent lineman there in the past. We had a pro-bowl alternate punter, if you want another one then throw a 7th at it 

I remember when Ray Guy was drafted by Oakland, IIRC in round 1 (somebody please help me here). Anyway it was shockingly high. Guy would dominate games with his punting. Scott has the potential to be as good as Guy. If Scott can turn around a game or two for us and contribute significantly to turning them from losses to wins, he's worth a fifth. Three years from now most of the rest of the guys drafted in the fifth will be out of football. Scott will be an all pro punter. Gute took him where he did, because Oakland would have taken him with the next pick. Vogel had some serious issues holding. 

14 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Oh shoot, I guess I should've more closely read forum rules when I signed up. I had no idea that only blind praise was welcome here.

There's a difference between being critical of the picks and fishing for response.  And your post seems to be closer to the bottom.  You're complaining about a 7th round pick, a late one at that.  We're talking about guys who probably won't amount to much.  If we get a 10+ year starter at LS out of this pick, this pick is a SMASHING success.

Instead, I'll issue you a challenge.  Show me Wolf's success late in the later rounds (5th+).  I'll be waiting because I know it's not going to happen.

14 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I remember when Ray Guy was drafted by Oakland, IIRC in round 1 (somebody please help me here). Anyway it was shockingly high. Guy would dominate games with his punting. Scott has the potential to be as good as Guy. If Scott can turn around a game or two for us and contribute significantly to turning them from losses to wins, he's worth a fifth. Three years from now most of the rest of the guys drafted in the fifth will be out of football. Scott will be an all pro punter. Gute took him where he did, because Oakland would have taken him with the next pick. Vogel had some serious issues holding. 

I wish I could have saw the raiders war room after we took him

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

There's a difference between being critical of the picks and fishing for response.  And your post seems to be closer to the bottom.  You're complaining about a 7th round pick, a late one at that.  We're talking about guys who probably won't amount to much.  If we get a 10+ year starter at LS out of this pick, this pick is a SMASHING success.

Instead, I'll issue you a challenge.  Show me Wolf's success late in the later rounds (5th+).  I'll be waiting because I know it's not going to happen.

Just because I was curious:

Pro Bowlers in the 5th round or later (out of 49 draft picks)
-Mark Brunell
-Dorsey Levens
-Travis Jervey
-Marco Rivera
-Matt Hasselbeck
-Donald Driver
-KGB

On the flip side, in rounds 1-4 (out of 40):
-William Henderson
-Antonio Freeman
-Mike Flanagan
-Darren Sharper