7th Round Pick (248th Overall): Kendall Donnerson [EDGE; Missouri State]

Packerraymond

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/852744/5721b66bbd746d007c4a5425

Just blows by guys like they are standing still.  He's real quick.  Man among boys.  He didn't display any real moves just darted through the line like they were standing still. Not sure who the level of competition was he made them look silly.  Kid is just super fast.  Could be quite a find in the 7th.  See what he does against real competition.  For sure at a minimum he'd be great for special teams.  Should be interesting to see him in pads.

13 hours ago, jleisher said:

That goes hand in hand.  Your pass rush helps your coverage and your coverage helps the pass rush.  It's both, not just one.

But you could argue in today's NFL coverage is more important. Its a 3 step drop game now where there are more passes within 5 yards of the LOS as there have ever been. I also think the Packers have a more effective pass rush then some are saying. Perry & Matthews may not be the best OLB combo in the NFL but I still think both can do an average job. Daniels and Wilk can be downright elite interior pass rushers as well. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Its a 3 step drop game now where there are more passes within 5 yards of the LOS as there have ever been.

Unless you're in GB's offense with a QB who ignores everyone not 40 yards away and requires minutes of protection. 

Yes I'm exaggerating for effect. Sue me. 

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/852744/5721b66bbd746d007c4a5425

Just blows by guys like they are standing still.  He's real quick.  Man among boys.  He didn't display any real moves just darted through the line like they were standing still. Not sure who the level of competition was he made them look silly.  Kid is just super fast.  Could be quite a find in the 7th.  See what he does against real competition.  For sure at a minimum he'd be great for special teams.  Should be interesting to see him in pads.

Yeah - I think the level of competition had something to do with it cause - yeah - on many plays he went unblocked for some reason. He also needs to work on his tackling skills - but thats what coaches are for.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah - I think the level of competition had something to do with it cause - yeah - on many plays he went unblocked for some reason. He also needs to work on his tackling skills - but thats what coaches are for.

Its definitely competition. Looks like what you see in high school when you have a 5* recruit playing. He just looks bigger and faster than everyone else on the field. That being said it does show that he at least looks the part. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Its definitely competition. Looks like what you see in high school when you have a 5* recruit playing. He just looks bigger and faster than everyone else on the field. That being said it does show that he at least looks the part. 

Yeah might be something to work with there at least. 

I love this part of the year. Everybody has so much potential.

And then I get disappointed later. 

He has skill and size....what will be missing from his capabilities are pass rushing moves, and hand skills. How quickly he grasps those concepts will determine his slot on the team. 

Archived