2018 UDFA Thread

NewAge

8 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Big Mych Thomas is a good player. I thought there was a chance he’d get drafted but nice pickup for y’all.

Not a pass rusher at all, but he’s great vs the run. Hopefully he can stick.

We grabbed Hyder a few years ago and we had a stacked dline then and we had to let him go. We added some nice pieces on the dline again this draft so it will be a competition for him. I’m a tech fan, so I’ll be cheering for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from flowers, I’m really interested to see how some of these o linemen do throughout the offseason. We tried out Mark Korte who then tried out with the Giant. Not sure if he’ll come back but he is athletic and was drafted in the top 5 of the cfl draft. Didn’t even know the cfl had a draft and they also have a scouting combine! Shepley was also drafted in the top 5. But if you look at their combine numbers, had they been in the NFL combine, they both would have been up there in terms of athletism for OL. Both could be good practice squad players. Stash those guys on the practice squad and maybe with better coaching and the ability to train year round, they can be something. Even if something is just a quality backup. The Jets have definitely expanded the reach of their scouting. Jets North of the Border?

Archived