UDFA Thread

RaidersAreOne

On 4/28/2018 at 6:55 PM, daineraider said:

Mokofisi had a much better year than Lowell.  Lowell has been dealing with injuries the last few years though.  He needs to lose a few pounds, but huge potential if he tries.

I think that's where the lazy part came in though.  Lowell really appeared to dog it last season, and that showed in his weight maintenance too, like he was protecting his body so that he'd still get his payday.  I'm not going to ever fault a prospect for sitting out a bowl game (clearly, I'd like to see him play, but I understand if he chooses not to) to protect his body for the pro's, but this wasn't that.  And GM's and Player Personnel higher-ups are going to read that kind of behavior as legitimate questions to how dedicated to the game/franchise he'll be once he's collected a bonus/paycheck (i.e. all the reason to want him far more as a UDFA where he has to scratch and claw for his roster spot).

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I think that's where the lazy part came in though.  Lowell really appeared to dog it last season, and that showed in his weight maintenance too, like he was protecting his body so that he'd still get his payday.  I'm not going to ever fault a prospect for sitting out a bowl game (clearly, I'd like to see him play, but I understand if he chooses not to) to protect his body for the pro's, but this wasn't that.  And GM's and Player Personnel higher-ups are going to read that kind of behavior as legitimate questions to how dedicated to the game/franchise he'll be once he's collected a bonus/paycheck (i.e. all the reason to want him far more as a UDFA where he has to scratch and claw for his roster spot).

Agreed, he was so much fun to watch his fresh/song years then he had some injuries his jr year and then just got lazy.  The talent is there, but he lost a ton of money by letting himself get complacent.  Leki Fotu will be the best of our DTs if he comes out after next year(should be better than Star).  I don’t think you will see him get lazy.

So these guys are still not signed as UDFA correct? 

Kenny Hill TCU QB

Richard Lagow Indiana QB

D'Ernest Johnson USF RB

D'Angelo Brewer Tulsa RB

Cam Phillips Virginia Tech WR

Darren Carrington Utah WR

Cam Sims Alabama WR

Steven Dunbar Houston WR

Ryan Yurachek Marshall TE

David Knevel Nebraska OT

Aaron Cochran OK State OT

Tyler Howell Missouri OT

Gewhite Stallworth La Tech OT

Cody O'Connell Washington State OG

Shamire Devine GT OG

Tyrone Crowder Clemson OG

David Bright Stanford OG

RJ Prince UNC OG

Jayd Kirby Kansas State OLB

EJ Levenberry UCONN OLB

Demetris Monday Kent State CB

Shawun Lurry Northern Illinois CB

Reggie Hall Jacksonville State CB

Van Smith Clemson S

Jonathan Cook Memphis S

Dominick Sanders Georgia S

Jaleel Wadood UCLA S

Shamire Devine that is a shame for such a big man to not get a shot he flashed potential I though, and Jonathan Cook is a big time hitter surprised he was not given a chance yet.  Wonder where Adam Breneman TE would have went if he did not 'retire' from football.  Cam Phillips is a big surprise as well, kid was a good solid player I thought with good toughness and hands.  

Archived