Free Agency 2.0 UDFA time!

textaz03

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

With the draft over and since we didnt take a safety, maybe Boston, Reid and Vaccaro are options.

Reid and Vaccaro don't really fit from what I'm hearing. Boston is a true "free" safety, would love to sign and put him next to Woods.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:38 AM, WizardHawk said:

Cyclone Joel Lanning will be the Cowboys next big find via UDFA. Spent 4 seasons at QB before moving to LB and earning role there. Outstanding kid, who won't be out worked by anyone. He'll find a role in Dallas

He has special teams ace all over him. If he can find even a small niche as a linebacker way down the depth chart, he will make the roster, be active on gameday, and play every ST unit and really contribute. I liked him too.

But he has to show he can play LB if called upon to do so. He will be a ST ace, but thats not enough if he cant do something else on the field if he has to be called on.

On 4/30/2018 at 8:06 AM, Desperado82 said:

Reid and Vaccaro don't really fit from what I'm hearing. Boston is a true "free" safety, would love to sign and put him next to Woods.

Vaccaro is a box safety and head hunter. How does he not fit?

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Vaccaro is a box safety and head hunter. How does he not fit?

He would be a good upgrade over Heath and Frazier..

but I think they truly like Heath. And for a good reason homestly. Hes always around the ball. Improved more each year. And seems to just somehow come up with a play. He has an 'it' factor, maybe not much of anything else though.

Still, Id be surprised if they werent content letting Heath ride out another season and see how much he has grown. Got to like what youve seen so far. Mistakes aside.

Archived