Undrafted RFA signings

big_palooka

On 4/29/2018 at 1:46 PM, holyghost said:

UDFA class is weak. I don't see Baugh having any chance. But if we get a good kicker out of it, it's still a win. We have many additions overall, it's not a huge loss that UDFAs will have to claw their way onto this team now. 

Last couple udfa were solid, but this year udfa looking weak... I think Baugh might make it because he is athletic and can block. Tight end might be the thinnest positions after the Walford release...  Lee Smith can easily be beaten out. He is a one dimensional blocker, who didn’t even block good last year. If Baugh shows he can block and makes a few catches he can get that spot. Carrier is just a pass catcher...

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Last couple udfa were solid, but this year udfa looking weak... I think Baugh might make it because he is athletic and can block. Tight end might be the thinnest positions after the Walford release...  Lee Smith can easily be beaten out. He is a one dimensional blocker, who didn’t even block good last year. If Baugh shows he can block and makes a few catches he can get that spot. Carrier is just a pass catcher...

For as much as you post, you certainly lack a lot of knowledge and like to stretch the facts.

1) Smith was injured last season and his absence as a run blocker was sorely missed

2) Carrier is also a blocking TE. In his 5 year career he has 36 receptions

3) No mention of Jared Cook who will be the primary TE and frequent pass catcher in Gruden's offense

Not sure what Baugh can do (he didn't do much in college). But the TE position isn't as thin as you're suggesting. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

For as much as you post, you certainly lack a lot of knowledge and like to stretch the facts.

1) Smith was injured last season and his absence as a run blocker was sorely missed

3) No mention of Jared Cook who will be the primary TE and frequent pass catcher in Gruden's offense

Not sure what Baugh can do (he didn't do much in college). But the TE position isn't as thin as you're suggesting. 

And you both missed Pharoah Brown, who the coaches liked last year. If he has a good offseason he could be pushing up into the convo. He has all the traits on paper and a redshirt year on the practice squad. With his speed and length, I think he could be a weapon in the passing game if used correctly.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

And you both missed Pharoah Brown, who the coaches liked last year. If he has a good offseason he could be pushing up into the convo. He has all the traits on paper and a redshirt year on the practice squad. With his speed and length, I think he could be a weapon in the passing game if used correctly.

Unless he absolutely excites, he's likely to be ahead of Baugh but still not on the roster. So, expect Brown to be PS and Baugh to be trash canned. 

Guys need to accept and deal with how many loser players are going to be jettisoned this year. And how few unqualified players like Baugh will make this team any more. It's a good thing, embrace it.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hey clown, Lee Smith did play and was getting rag dolled or getting a penalty to prevent getting abused. Baugh or Brown could easily beat him out. Carrier is a converted Wideout, but only has 36 receptions because he can’t get targets or pt because he isn’t that good. He is lucky to be penciled in at 3rd string. Pet Peeve is seeing another Brown wearing 81(number should be retired)....Baugh is nothing to write home about, but I just said he can make the team considering the depth... I could care less if he does or not

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hey clown, Lee Smith did play and was getting rag dolled or getting a penalty to prevent getting abused. Baugh or Brown could easily beat him out. Carrier is a converted Wideout, but only has 36 receptions because he can’t get targets or pt because he isn’t that good. He is lucky to be penciled in at 3rd string. Pet Peeve is seeing another Brown wearing 81(number should be retired)....Baugh is nothing to write home about, but I just said he can make the team considering the depth... I could care less if he does or not

And you wonder why

A clown is one who's changed his handle 3 or 4 times.

lol.... you have literally no clue what you are talking about. Find me one Raider fan who agrees with you that Lee Smith was "getting rag dolled". I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

fact of the matter, if Cook gets hurt we are in trouble

That is an instance in which Brown could be useful. He could be a weapon in the passing game. No I'm not hyping him up or saying he is something special. Just pointing to his traits and how we can use them.

Archived