Un drafted free agent signings

Wolzen

9 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I was pretty excited about this one. That's a helluva signing for UDFA.

I would have loved for us to get Settle @ NT, so I was hoping for Poona Ford (SEA, great pickup).  And we definitely need more OL help, so Harrison (CLE of all places, good lord, Josh Gordon, Callaway & Harrison could start a grow-op) or Brett Toth (even if we have to wait 2 years) would have been great. 

But even though in theory we don't need another EDGE - you can never have enough cheap EDGES.   If he develops, this increases the chances we part ways with Ray if he's not great (I think he could rebound, but this would give us insurance).   Even if it's for a 2019 Day 3 pick, we should consider dealing Shaq in TC if Holland flashes like Jamal Carter did last year at safety.

Shout out to @jrry32's breakdown, it's impressive.  I'd say it's pretty clear he's a pass-rush only guy for now - and he has more technique learning to do - but there's no better place than here to do it.   Chubb & Holland is a fantastic get for the UDFA price.

Here's his original breakdown (not mine), give it a read:

Nobody has any thoughts on Jeff Holland? Here are a few gifs that I think stand out:

giphy.gif

He's totally gassed here and comes off the line with no explosion (Alabama had been running hurry up to try and make a comeback), but he still manhandles the RT with his polished hand usage.

giphy.gif

Great job setting up the inside move. Should have resulted in an Int.

giphy.gif

Just barely misses the sack here.

giphy.gif

Baits the RT to stop the inside move and then throws him out of the way for quick pressure.

giphy.gif

They try to chip him, and he still manhandles the RT.

giphy.gif

I kind of feel bad for this Clemson RT.

giphy.gif

He wins quickly again.

I wanted to show y'all all the different ways that Holland can win. I actually purposefully didn't choose the plays that show up on the highlight reel or the box score here. The amount of pressure Holland got this year was incredible. He is the type of guy who wins quickly. I feel like he'll be an absolute terror if he lands with a team that has interior DLs capable of providing pressure.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

WOW this one's HUUUUUUGE.

@jrry32 LOVES this guy.

Phillip Lindsay and Holland are major gets. I had a top 100 grade on Holland and a 6th round grade on Lindsay. Lindsay is the best 3rd down HB in this Draft and should be able to contribute there from Day 1. Holland has as much pass rush potential as any player selected on Day 3. If you want to know what type of player he is, watch the bowl game against UCF. He pressured the QB on damn near every passing play.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Phillip Lindsay and Holland are major gets. I had a top 100 grade on Holland and a 6th round grade on Lindsay. Lindsay is the best 3rd down HB in this Draft and should be able to contribute there from Day 1. Holland has as much pass rush potential as any player selected on Day 3. If you want to know what type of player he is, watch the bowl game against UCF. He pressured the QB on damn near every passing play.

I totally understand Lindsay just don’t get taking the RB David Williams and him.  Plus Freeman.   Lindsay does fit a role.  Williams seems very redundant.  But doesn’t take away from Lindsay being good value.  

Holland has me stoked.   

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I totally understand Lindsay just don’t get taking the RB David Williams and him.  Plus Freeman.   Lindsay does fit a role.  Williams seems very redundant.  But doesn’t take away from Lindsay being good value.  

Holland has me stoked.   

Y'all don't have an established HB. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

Archived