Un drafted free agent signings

Wolzen

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Ok we have a 0-tech - Star Lotululei’s younger brother.    Needs rehab his motor and motivation - so our D is a good fit to see if he is capable.  

Nice! I didn't even know that he was draft eligible. every time he played the buffs the last couple of years (honestly the only time I saw him play) he seemed to dominate. But then again it was the buffs....

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Ok we have a 0-tech - Star Lotululei’s younger brother.    Needs rehab his motor and motivation - so our D is a good fit to see if he is capable.  

That would be cool if lowell played well and he cracked the starting lineup bc who would you double out of. Chubb walker Wolfe Miller 

Than on running situations we put lowell and shelby in there.

The fact that elway is still landing draftable talent  is amazing. 

I clap my hands for him and Kubiak and the scouting  department. Elway didn't swing and miss.

Getting Holland, Lindsay and Lotulelei as UDFAs makes this a legitimate "A" draft on paper. The 5th-7th round output felt uninspiring after an outstanding first six picks but they picked up three guys who easily could have gone in that range and in Holland's case, probably should have been an early Day 3 guy. 

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I clap my hands for him and Kubiak and the scouting  department. Elway didn't swing and miss.

I will say this again - I think people underestimate the impact that Kubiak has - the guy has been underrated most of his career (as far back as when he played QB).

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

That would be cool if lowell played well and he cracked the starting lineup bc who would you double out of. Chubb walker Wolfe Miller 

Than on running situations we put lowell and shelby in there.

The fact that elway is still landing draftable talent  is amazing. 

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Getting Holland, Lindsay and Lotulelei as UDFAs makes this a legitimate "A" draft on paper. The 5th-7th round output felt uninspiring after an outstanding first six picks but they picked up three guys who easily could have gone in that range and in Holland's case, probably should have been an early Day 3 guy. 

Two really big disclaimer on Lowell Lotululei - he isn't as big as his brother, or as dominant skill-wise.  And his motivation, motor and work habits are in question.  He had a great 2016 where he looked like he'd be an early Day 3 pick if he played well in 2017.  And he started early in his career, you guys know I'm a huge proponent of this.   But he showed NOTHING on tape in 2017, and he looked like he quit on his team.   

So the UDFA pick is totally understandable there.   But we do well with character concern guys with our D leadership if there's any talent to salvage (one of the reasons why I didn't mind Foster at all even if the weed issue was legit, I mean Von is our leader he'd be able to identify, but help get a guy on the straight & narrow). 

All of which to say - Lotululei needs the most time of those 3.  I think Lindsay makes it to the PS regardless, but I think Lowell will as well - and he's no better at 50-50 IMO.  He could easily get cut.   But it's a free shot at a need 2019 position, and there's some actual projection.  For a UDFA, that's all we can ask.  

Holland is the head-and-shoulders star of his UDFA class.  But he's the most impactful skill guy we've had on our UDFA crop in years.   If he had gone Rd 5.153, I would have actually applauded that pick.  Still excited there.

While I agree with the signing, acquiring Holland seems to be a bit of foreshadowinhere. Why do we sign ANOTHER OLB/EDGE when we have Miller. Ray, Barrett, and Chubb already on the roster, we're STACKED at that position. Unless Chubb is going to get some time at DE I don't see where Holland gets mins. Perhaps a trade is coming. 

I do like Holland, he looks like he can be very disruptive (only saw his highlights though) 

34 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

While I agree with the signing, acquiring Holland seems to be a bit of foreshadowinhere. Why do we sign ANOTHER OLB/EDGE when we have Miller. Ray, Barrett, and Chubb already on the roster, we're STACKED at that position. Unless Chubb is going to get some time at DE I don't see where Holland gets mins. Perhaps a trade is coming. 

I do like Holland, he looks like he can be very disruptive (only saw his highlights though) 

Well Shaq will be a FA next off season and I don’t believe we will pick up that 5th year option with Ray so we needed depth badly imo.

2 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Well Shaq will be a FA next off season and I don’t believe we will pick up that 5th year option with Ray so we needed depth badly imo.

Given it’s only 8.5M though that 5th year option salary is only guaranteed for injury.  There’s still risk (Menelik Watson had to be kept because of this type of guarantee imo).   But if we feel good that  Ray is healthy that’s the only risk.  We aren’t locking in yet just giving us the option (unless he can’t pass a physical at start of next new football year).   If it was guaranteed no doubt we’d pass.  It’s a trickier call knowing it’s not locking us in.   If he’s back to 2016 form at worst he’s tradeable.  If he’s not good he’s cut. As long as a bad injury doesn’t prevent him from passing a March 2019 physical.   

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

So, looks to me like that situation lasts just one year. No way we re-sign Ray or Shaq next year, not with Von's $25 million cap number. We'll need Holland to come along to fill the gap.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:29 AM, BroncoBruin said:

Why did Holland fall out of the draft? Seems like a great pickup

I obviously love Phillip Lindsay

17 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Why did Holland fall out of the draft? Seems like a great pickup

I obviously love Phillip Lindsay

Not sure. Ultra productive, already pretty skilled i.e. not a project type and the measurables I see on his spider chart aren't outstanding but they're at least average. I don't get it. 

Archived