Un drafted free agent signings

Wolzen

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, Broncofan said:

Two really big disclaimer on Lowell Lotululei - he isn't as big as his brother, or as dominant skill-wise.  And his motivation, motor and work habits are in question.  He had a great 2016 where he looked like he'd be an early Day 3 pick if he played well in 2017.  And he started early in his career, you guys know I'm a huge proponent of this.   But he showed NOTHING on tape in 2017, and he looked like he quit on his team.   

So the UDFA pick is totally understandable there.   But we do well with character concern guys with our D leadership if there's any talent to salvage (one of the reasons why I didn't mind Foster at all even if the weed issue was legit, I mean Von is our leader he'd be able to identify, but help get a guy on the straight & narrow). 

All of which to say - Lotululei needs the most time of those 3.  I think Lindsay makes it to the PS regardless, but I think Lowell will as well - and he's no better at 50-50 IMO.  He could easily get cut.   But it's a free shot at a need 2019 position, and there's some actual projection.  For a UDFA, that's all we can ask.  

Holland is the head-and-shoulders star of his UDFA class.  But he's the most impactful skill guy we've had on our UDFA crop in years.   If he had gone Rd 5.153, I would have actually applauded that pick.  Still excited there.

Remember that part about his motor & motivation being the big flags on Lotulelei?  On principle alone I hope Elways gets that 15K bonus back.  Given we didn’t address a 0-tech in the draft this sucks.  Oh well.  

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Remember that part about his motor & motivation being the big flags on Lotulelei?  On principle alone I hope Elways gets that 15K bonus back.  Given we didn’t address a 0-tech in the draft this sucks.  Oh well.  

Weird career choice if motivation is an issue.  I guess it depends if he’s going to be a HS coach or college coach.  Colleges coaches put in far more time than the players.  During the season it’s an 80 hour a week job.  With Sunday nights through Tuesday nights being 16+ hour days.

6 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Weird career choice if motivation is an issue.  I guess it depends if he’s going to be a HS coach or college coach.  Colleges coaches put in far more time than the players.  During the season it’s an 80 hour a week job.  With Sunday nights through Tuesday nights being 16+ hour days.

Yeah it’s only a choice that makes sense if he had a physical issue and he loves the game that much.    If it’s motor and motivation he won’t get far.  

It does suck for us though because clearly he was a priority UDFA.  15K is the most any UDFA got.   Elway understood we need a 2019 0-tech.   If we knew he wasn’t committed a guy like Poona Ford could have been targeted.   Oh well.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah it’s only a choice that makes sense if he had a physical issue and he loves the game that much.    If it’s motor and motivation he won’t get far.  

It does suck for us though because clearly he was a priority UDFA.  15K is the most any UDFA got.   Elway understood we need a 2019 0-tech.   If we knew he wasn’t committed a guy like Poona Ford could have been targeted.   Oh well.  

What happened to the nt from notre dame wasn't he good?

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Looks like the Broncos signed a better college QB than Josh Allen 

Over/under on the first serious “Nick Stevens deserves a shot to be our starting QB” take after a good showing vs. a team’s preseason 3rd string D?  History says it’s  just a matter of when, not if.   O.o

No objections at all to the signing, zero cost, just can see this coming a mile away lol.

Archived