2018 UDFA Thread

TwoToneBlue

Cam Batson is tiny (like 5’8” on a good day) but he’s tough as nails and was actually the fastest player on our team. Good hands, shifty, get him the ball in space and he can make people miss. He also returned punts for 4 years but never did much with them. 

Definitely a long shot to make the team, but hopefully he does!

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

All of our UDFA per The Tennessean

Andrew Ankrah DE

Austin Barnard P

Tejan Koroma C

Jordan Veasy WR

Aaron Stinnie OT

Devin Ross WR

Elijah Nkansah OT

JT Luper WR

Mike Ramsay DT

Plus the already mentioned names

Thanks, I'll update the first post!

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

This is one of the stronger UDFA list I can remember us having. Some of these guys have a legit shot of making the team and our practice squad could have some quality talent there. 

I actually think the opposite. Wadley has a shot... Maybe... But I dont see room for many others. Maybe an olineman, maybe a dlineman... But I think our roster is pretty set. 

I could see us going after a vet WR (Maclin?) and DL (Branch, Klug)... Maybe a safety since the market remains deep there.

But not many chances for udfa's...

54 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I actually think the opposite. Wadley has a shot... Maybe... But I dont see room for many others. Maybe an olineman, maybe a dlineman... But I think our roster is pretty set. 

I could see us going after a vet WR (Maclin?) and DL (Branch, Klug)... Maybe a safety since the market remains deep there.

But not many chances for udfa's...

I think that speaks more to OUR roster rather than the UDFA's. Robinson had done such an amazing job bringing in actual talent throughout the roster.

I like Wadley too, I always thought he looks pretty similar to a skinnier version of DeMarco. But my favorite of that bunch is easily Burnett. Man, I saw him as an early day 3 pick at worst, I'm so thrilled we got him as an UDFA. I could see him easily compete with Taywan for the starting slot receiver spot.

6 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

I think that speaks more to OUR roster rather than the UDFA's. Robinson had done such an amazing job bringing in actual talent throughout the roster.

Definitely. The roster has a couple holes, but you can pretty much put the 53 man roster together right now. Maybe a udfa beats someone who we think is established... Especially on the dline if a good udfa emerges... King and Woods are far from entrenched. Maybe Compton's ILB spot isn't secure but I dont think a udfa beats 2 out of Palmer, Bates, and Compton for the 4 and 5/STs spots inside (1 of those 3 is currently on the outside looking in as is). OLB could also maybe have an opening with spots 5 and 6 held by our 2 previous 7th rounders (especially if Dodd doesn't make it out camp this year... I'm really interested what if anything Peas and Vrabel can do with him).  In the secondary, the 4th S spot (and 5th if they go that deep) are completely up for grabs behind Byard, Cyp, and Cruikshank. Trawick is another STs "ace" but hasn't shown much on D. At CB, the top 3 are 100% secure (crazy how this looks like our strongest unit now). Sims and Smith have both shown good stretches when needed. A udfa would have to go through one of them and Reed and Hurst for a shot.. Thats gonna be tough.

On offense, Wadley has his shot obviously. He could either replace Flu as the 3rd guy or we nay carry a 4th... KM is the oy other competition on the roster, so he has a good shot. At WR, I'd like to see a veteran instead of more youth. I think both Sharpe and Camp are upgradeable. We could also carry 6. But of our WRs, only 1 has seen extensive action on offense for more than a season. Thats crazy. Theres no room at TE. I'd oy carry 3, and I'd take stocker over Supernaw. I have a hard time seeing any udfa beating both out for the 3rd TE spot. On the oline, the depth runs deep with Kelly and Sua-Filo all but guaranteed spots. A udfa would have to beat out Levin and Pamphile, and thats not gonna be an easy task. There is a shot at T to start the season. But I think we may try to find a vet to back Lewan and Kelly up outside. I wouldn't feel comfortable with any rookie udfa to take over at T if either goes down early while Conklin recovers.

So there it is... There's a couple of spits, but the roster depth is pretty solid now, a true testament to JRobs leadership and guidance.

Just from quick viewing of highlight videos, don't see much special about Wadley. Looks like a fine college running back and all, and maybe can even stick around as a 3rd RB/ST guy in the league, but not sure I'm seeing the same player that a lot of others are in him.

Obviously hopefully I'm wrong on that and he is a pretty good player, because I truly have very little faith in Derrick Henry.

Archived