CB- Chris Harris

CB- Bradley Roby

SS- Darian Stewart

FS- Justin Simmons

Special Teams

K- Brandon Mcmanus

P- Marquette King

RS- Isaiah Mckensie

FYI we usually do a 53-man roster projection & include the starting lineup.

We'd probably want a base and nickel package on D - since nickel is used at least 60 percent of downs.  Same with 3-WR set for those passing downs.

Either way - 2 changes I'd see right off the bat:

RE - it's going to be Shelby Harris first.   Walker is just learning DE, and bulking up to get to 285-290 first.

RS - it's not McKenzie.  He's squeezed out and likely released now, I'd guess it's Jordan Taylor on punts, with C-Henderson doing KR's.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

We'd probably want a base and nickel package on D - since nickel is used at least 60 percent of downs.  Same with 3-WR set for those passing downs.

RE - it's going to be Shelby Harris first.   Walker is just learning DE, and bulking up to get to 285-290 first.

RS - it's not McKenzie.  He's squeezed out and likely released now, I'd guess it's Jordan Taylor on punts, with C-Henderson doing KR's.

I see taylor getting cut too or traded we have dt, sanders, Sutton, penn state wr thats 5. Its a roster crunch.

It sucks bc I can see taylor becoming a theilen one day lol

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Hasn’t Von always played on the strong side? Even when he was drafted and we were running the Fox/Allen/JDR 4-3 Von played on the strong side. I don’t think even Vance will change that. 

Yes, you are right. I just imagine Chubb being better against the run in time.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Walker played DE in college and I can see him winning the job by Week 1. If we are going off of right now, yes, it's Harris.

I'm also hoping McKenzie redeems himself but at this point, that's extremely wishful.

So at, qb which I believe we go as far as they take us. I'm gonna write up why I have confidence in each guy.

Case Keenum - battle tested sneaky good. Durable a leader really compares to plummer.

Paxton Lynch - yes I talk bad about him . Yes I wanted dak over him. I think  him signing guerrero is a testament of him taking his career seriously.  And yes it's probably snake oil but brady has been playing for almost 20 years.

Chad kelly- i think he compares to Baker. He can move around, accurate, strong arm. I personally think  he wins the job. And the best players play. I think  a year of learning helped him. I think 2 years away from the game gives him an itch. I'm  excited.

10 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Providing he's finally healthy and his head is screwed on straight, Chad Kelly will mop the floor with Lynch for the 2nd string qb slot. Just my opinion, but my money says Lynch is gone after the season. 

I think hes a dark horse to start

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

No way.  Unless Keenum gets injured it’s his job.  Denver isn’t paying him $25M guaranteed to be a backup.

You can look back in history the best qbs plays from Cutler and plummer, wilson and flynn, vick and kolb, Wentz and Bradford I can go on awhile. 

Still don’t think it’s even a remote possibility.  Keenum is going to get all the 1st team reps.  Wentz was also the #2 overall pick, Flynn was a joke as a projected starter, and Cutler didn’t start until half way through the season.

Maybe if Keenum struggles (which is possible) Denver makes a change during the season.  But as long as he’s healthy Keenum is locked in as the week 1 starter.

Guys, remember that Kelly was on IR-no return.  He didn't get a single live snap....even in practice, with the first team.  Or second team, for that matter.   Kelly has a much better shot IMO of becoming our backup, because Lynch's growth curve has been very flat for 2 seasons now.  But we don't even know if Kelly has starting potential.   

Kelly's basically starting as a rookie when it comes to getting used to NFL-level speed of play.   And now 18 months from actually playing in live games.   Kelly is no lock for anything, TBH.  He just offers more potential than Lynch because he hasn't shown he's failed.  But that also doesn't mean that he will succeed, either.  We just have to wait and see what he's got and how quickly he progresses.  What the above does mean for sure, though - it will take some more time to figure out what we've got with him.   To project starting this year is a bridge too far with anything to go on but optimism.

If Keenum plays like Case Keenum pre-2017 and costs us a bunch of games in the regular season, I could see him getting benched.   I have real concerns that Keenum might not be our answer - MIN's 2017 season was the perfect storm for any QB to succeed (one of the easiest schedules for QB's, an elite D that got early leads, and a more talented skill position group than we have, even after helping it with the draft - that takes time).   If we had another lost season, I could see a Keenum benching, because then we would want to see what we had with our young guys for 2019.  But that's down the road, not early on.   If we are talking start of the season, barring injury, there is no way on God's green earth that anyone but Case Keenum is our starter.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:25 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Hasn’t Von always played on the strong side? Even when he was drafted and we were running the Fox/Allen/JDR 4-3 Von played on the strong side. I don’t think even Vance will change that. 

When Vance talked about Von being coached by Kollar, he mentioned that Von would be moving to the weak side and that the strong side guys would work with Reggie Herring and the LBs.

Archived