• John Dorsey for life
    • Very good first draft.
    • I hate him
    • Bring Sachi back.
    • hornbybrown could of done better
  2. 2. Draft class

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it, but we could of done better.

1 minute ago, Iamcanadian said:

I will say this, Dorsey should have been allowed to hire the HC of his choice, especially since his job success depends on it and we all know this means a 2 year window for Haslam's GM's.

Even if you are right that Hue can possibly be a good HC, I have to wonder what the players on the team think about playing for a HC they know went 1-31 over the last 2 seasons. Part of being a successful HC in the NFL is getting your players to believe in you 100%, without that, things can go sour quite quickly in a dressing room, where a lot of doubts are raised by losing teams. Can Hue recapture the dressing room, I have some doubts!

This is why I preferred a new HC chosen by Dorsey right away.

Most of the players from those 2 years are exiting.  Also, if you listen to Dorsey himself, he said one thing that he loved is that the players never gave up on Hue.  He also said that he and Hue have very similar beliefs when it comes to the team.  You never know, he may have kept Hue anyway even if he were given an option.  Why are you trying to artificially manufacture a rift between coaching staff and management when there finally appears to be unity?  Especially after we just saw that sort of rift between Sashi and Hue?

21 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Most of the players from those 2 years are exiting.  Also, if you listen to Dorsey himself, he said one thing that he loved is that the players never gave up on Hue.  He also said that he and Hue have very similar beliefs when it comes to the team.  You never know, he may have kept Hue anyway even if he were given an option.  Why are you trying to artificially manufacture a rift between coaching staff and management when there finally appears to be unity?  Especially after we just saw that sort of rift between Sashi and Hue?

Let's be serious, Haslam forced Hue on Dorsey, what did you expect Dorsey to say against his owner's decision. Of course he is going to praise Hue, what choice does he have, you will also, never hear a HC criticize a draft pick till they are cut, because that is criticizing your GM who in most cases can fire you. I will believe there is no rift when the team starts to win and I didn't create the possibility of rift, Haslam took care of that when he forced Hue on Dorsey. Time will tell if these 2 guys are on the same page or if Dorsey will really hate that Hue has Haslam's ear to Dorsey's detriment.  

I have been in management at high levels for many years and the arrangement Haslam set up in keeping Hue, rarely sits well with those above him who had no say in the matter. It is a tough pill to swallow when those above you make hiring decisions that will directly effect your job without any consultation and considering Dorsey likely only has a 2 year window to produce something, it must have really been a tough pill to swallow in order to get the job.

How does he know the players never gave up on Hue, losing team's dressing rooms are a nightmare usually as every player thinks he know how to correct the problems and there have been plenty of dressing rooms on losing teams, where the players actually get into fights and you believe that on a team that went 1-31, Hue still had the players completely on his side. I find that hard to believe!!!

37 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Let's be serious, Haslam forced Hue on Dorsey, what did you expect Dorsey to say against his owner's decision. Of course he is going to praise Hue, what choice does he have, you will also, never hear a HC criticize a draft pick till they are cut, because that is criticizing your GM who in most cases can fire you. I will believe there is no rift when the team starts to win and I didn't create the possibility of rift, Haslam took care of that when he forced Hue on Dorsey. Time will tell if these 2 guys are on the same page or if Dorsey will really hate that Hue has Haslam's ear to Dorsey's detriment.  

I have been in management at high levels for many years and the arrangement Haslam set up in keeping Hue, rarely sits well with those above him who had no say in the matter. It is a tough pill to swallow when those above you make hiring decisions that will directly effect your job without any consultation and considering Dorsey likely only has a 2 year window to produce something, it must have really been a tough pill to swallow in order to get the job.

How does he know the players never gave up on Hue, losing team's dressing rooms are a nightmare usually as every player thinks he know how to correct the problems and there have been plenty of dressing rooms on losing teams, where the players actually get into fights and you believe that on a team that went 1-31, Hue still had the players completely on his side. I find that hard to believe!!!

Again, didn’t read all this.  Just being honest.  To me, the proof is in the pudding regarding the harmony between coach and GM.  It was quite obvious that Mayfield was Hue’s pick from HEE HEE on.  He literally gushed over him.  Nutty conspiracy theories aside, there is obvious harmony for the first time, maybe ever since the rebirth in 99 with this team that includes a clear plan and path out of futility.

I really don't get the love for Sashi. He's at least 50% responsible for us going 1-31. The negatives of all out tanking outweigh any kind of positives. Good players can be found throughout each draft. It sets a bad precedent for anyone taken in either of his drafts. Upsets vets, makes us a laughing stock.

2 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

I really don't get the love for Sashi. He's at least 50% responsible for us going 1-31. The negatives of all out tanking outweigh any kind of positives. Good players can be found throughout each draft. It sets a bad precedent for anyone taken in either of his drafts. Upsets vets, makes us a laughing stock.

it was a tank but the team should have won more than 1 game. 1-31 is more on Hue than Sashi IMO. They both bare that cross to wear but its not Hues fault then Sashi. The Roster was never built to have a .500 record but it had the talent to win more than 1 game in two years and thats for sure. I think if the Browns had a legit OC, they would have  won more than one game at least

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

it was a tank but the team should have won more than 1 game. 1-31 is more on Hue than Sashi IMO. They both bare that cross to wear but its not Hues fault then Sashi. The Roster was never built to have a .500 record but it had the talent to win more than 1 game in two years and thats for sure. I think if the Browns had a legit OC, they would have  won more than one game at least

Some folks are still befuddled by this.

Sashi took over a tram that was expensive and had zero notable talent save Thomas and an always suspended Gordon.

He left a team that has more cap space than any team in the NFL, more draft assets than anyone in the NFL and a nice base of young talent.

He made the decision to nuke the crappy treadmill roster and build it from the ground up.

The same folks that laugh and him and call him an idiot are the same ones who laughed at Hinkie and “the process”. They simply can’t grasp the idea of intentionally not trying to win now with a larger long term goal in mind.

Anyone see those Sixers recently? I wonder if those same folks are laughing at Hinkie?

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I'm not placing the blame entirely on Sashi, but that QB room was beyond awful. Our WRs were awful, as was our secondary. He should have brought in more vets at least.

1 minute ago, Don Roshi said:

I'm not placing the blame entirely on Sashi, but that QB room was beyond awful. Our WRs were awful, as was our secondary. He should have brought in more vets at least.

You don’t build a team capable of winning any given game when you’re trying to tank, it sort of defeats the purpose.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sashi took over a tram that was expensive and had zero notable talent save Thomas and an always suspended Gordon.

He left a team that has more cap space than any team in the NFL, more draft assets than anyone in the NFL and a nice base of young talent.

He made the decision to nuke the crappy treadmill roster and build it from the ground up.

The same folks that laugh and him and call him an idiot are the same ones who laughed at Hinkie and “the process”. They simply can’t grasp the idea of intentionally not trying to win now with a larger long term goal in mind.

Anyone see those Sixers recently? I wonder if those same folks are laughing at Hinkie?

The NBA and the NFL are very different animals. 1-2 truly good players can turn your team around in the NBA. Good players are also very difficult to acquire outside the top 5.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You don’t build a team capable of winning any given game when you’re trying to tank, it sort of defeats the purpose.

Is that necessary though? I don't think you need to tank to be able to draft well. We were in that situation because we overpaid for poor players and drafted poorly.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In theory it was needed and worthwhile. The only problem for me is that in reality, the tank ended with Baker Mayfield as the prize instead of Carson Wentz/Sam Darnold.

One dude has already been pretty much responsible for a team winning the Super Bowl. That's strike one.

I won't yet count Deshaun Watson as strike two but if Mayfield isn't as good as Darnold, I'll be skipping straight to strike three and demanding every single person on the Browns staff is thrown out.

3 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

The NBA and the NFL are very different animals. 1-2 truly good players can turn your team around in the NBA. Good players are also very difficult to acquire outside the top 5.

Can a QB turn around an NFL franchise? That’s one guy.

The same approach has been used in baseball too.  Check out the World Champion Astros roster.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

In theory it was needed and worthwhile. The only problem for me is that in reality, the tank ended with Baker Mayfield as the prize instead of Carson Wentz/Sam Darnold.

He trusted Hue to find his QB.  That was strike one.

One dude has already been pretty much responsible for a team winning the Super Bowl. That's strike one.

He didn’t even play in the playoffs, how is he getting credit for a ring?

I won't yet count Deshaun Watson as strike two

Me either, way too soon.

but if Mayfield isn't as good as Darnold, I'll be skipping straight to strike three and demanding every single person on the Browns staff is thrown out.

Can’t fault Sashi for a pick he didn’t make, but I can credit him for putting them in a position to get “their guy”.

Archived