• John Dorsey for life
    • Very good first draft.
    • I hate him
    • Bring Sachi back.
    • hornbybrown could of done better
  2. 2. Draft class

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it, but we could of done better.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Can a QB turn around an NFL franchise? That’s one guy.

The same approach has been used in baseball too.  Check out the World Champion Astros roster.

A QB on his own gets destroyed (Luck, Couch). You need the infrastructure around a QB to really turn it around. I'd say that it's just as much the individual as what he's got around him in order to be successful.

2 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Is that necessary though? I don't think you need to tank to be able to draft well.

I think it was.  There are two ways to improve the talent in relation to your opponents, draft “hits” at a higher rate or draft at the same rate and draft more often.  Unless you’re expecting your front office to be significantly better at evaluating talent than the rest of the league, the second option is your only realistic choice.

We were in that situation because we overpaid for poor players and drafted poorly.

Absolutely, and Sashi had to purge those mistakes (vets) and clear the books, which he did.

Folks wanted wins there were 2-3 players from the 2011-2015 who were even decent on this roster.  THOSE are the player that should be winning you games, not the rookies and second year guys.

3 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

A QB on his own gets destroyed (Luck, Couch). You need the infrastructure around a QB to really turn it around. I'd say that it's just as much the individual as what he's got around him in order to be successful.

Interesting.

It’s almost like Sashi passed on the opportunity to add that guy in 2016 in an effort to build a team around him, no?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Interesting.

It’s almost like Sashi passed on the opportunity to add that guy in 2016 in an effort to build a team around him, no?

I'm not against Sashi not drafting a QB. I'm disappointed that he didn't trade for one. All of the draft picks he made would have been much better off. Especially Coleman.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He trusted Hue to find his QB.  That was strike one.

He didn’t even play in the playoffs, how is he getting credit for a ring?

Me either, way too soon.

Can’t fault Sashi for a pick he didn’t make, but I can credit him for putting them in a position to get “their guy”.

Oh yeah I'm not blaming Sashi here. I'm talking about the Browns in general. I mostly harbour resentment towards Dorsey. Sushi passed on Wentz but I understood the reasoning, we had a useless roster and it was the early days of the tank. Wentz blew the league apart before he got injured and was nailed on for MVP. Foles might have come in and won the big games but I feel confident that Wentz would have finished the job too. He's far better than Foles. Even taking away the SB credit though, it doesn't really change anything. Wentz is an MVP level player.

I don't follow basketball but I know the 76ers story and how their tank process is looking really good right now and paying dividends.

The difference is that they hit with their premium picks. The key pick of our tank is Baker Mayfield, a guy I don't think is going to be that good.

I hope I'm wrong but I would be a hypocrite to say the tank is going to pay off for us like the 76ers when I don't even like the player we got for the most important position.

Just now, Don Roshi said:

I'm not against Sashi not drafting a QB. I'm disappointed that he didn't trade for one. All of the draft picks he made would have been much better off. Especially Coleman.

What was Osweiler? There’s the vet everyone wanted.

He signed RGIII like Hue wanted.

Hue thought McCown was done and offered him a coaching gig.  

Dont those count?

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Oh yeah I'm not blaming Sashi here. I'm talking about the Browns in general. I mostly harbour resentment towards Dorsey. Sushi passed on Wentz but I understood the reasoning, we had a useless roster and it was the early days of the tank. Wentz blew the league apart before he got injured and was nailed on for MVP. Foles might have come in and won the big games but I feel confident that Wentz would have finished the job too. He's far better than Foles. Even taking away the SB credit though, it doesn't really change anything. Wentz is an MVP level player.

I don't follow basketball but I know the 76ers story and how their tank process is looking really good right now and paying dividends.

The difference is that they hit with their premium picks. The key pick of our tank is Baker Mayfield, a guy I don't think is going to be that good.

I hope I'm wrong but I would be a hypocrite to say the tank is going to pay off for us like the 76ers when I don't even like the player we got for the most important position.

You hit on two high picks in the NBA, then your team has turned around. You need to do a whole lot more in the NFL do achieve the same.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What was Osweiler? There’s the vet everyone wanted.

He signed RGIII like Hue wanted.

Hue thought McCown was done and offered him a coaching gig.  

Dont those count?

Osweiler was an expensive 2nd round pick. He was already a broken QB. RGIII was broken. McCown was on Hue.

Eagles weren’t exactly a great roster or team. A fairly par for the course roster at the time.

They gave up a haul and got one player; a QB.

He changed everything for them. Sprinkle in free agency and some competent mid-late drafting and they had a super bowl.

One player can make a massive difference in the nfl, and it’s the quarterback.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Eagles weren’t exactly a great roster or team. A fairly par for the course roster at the time.

They gave up a haul and got one player; a QB.

He changed everything for them. Sprinkle in free agency and some competent mid-late drafting and they had a super bowl.

One player can make a massive difference in the nfl, and it’s the quarterback.

Whereas Sashi gutted our (below) par roster, traded down from the same QB, ignored FA and went 0-16. Sounds bad when you look at it like that. The Eagles didn't tank either.

Obviously it's not as simple as that.

Whereas Sashi gutted our (below) par roster, traded down from the same QB, ignored FA and went 0-16. Sounds bad when you look at it like that. The Eagles didn't tank either.

Obviously it's not as simple as that.

I agree with you. I see both sides of the Wentz/tank argument.

One thing I will admit... if Baker Mayfield is a legitimate #1 pick franchise QB, we are in fantastic shape.

Our roster is loaded in my opinion.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

I agree with you. I see both sides of the Wentz/tank argument.

One thing I will admit... if Baker Mayfield is a legitimate #1 pick franchise QB, we are in fantastic shape.

Our roster is loaded in my opinion.

I was meant to write a lot more after my last sentence, but maybe it is that simple lol.

Agreed. I hope this is the beginning of something special.

Archived