7.38 (256) Washington Redskins select Trey Quinn, WR, SMU

Woz

First Mr. Irrelevant for Washington since Matt Elliott was taken with the 38th pick in the 12th round of the 1992 draft (336 overall, last year the draft went twelve rounds).

Taking a guy who had a round 5-6 projection as Adam Humphries with the last pick in the draft? Hey, no complaints from me on this one. Looks to immediately slot into backing up Jamison Crowder.

Between the Stroman pick and this one, I wonder if the Redskins are planning on letting Jamsion walk?

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

First Mr. Irrelevant for Washington since Matt Elliott was taken with the 38th pick in the 12th round of the 1992 draft (336 overall, last year the draft went twelve rounds).

Taking a guy who had a round 5-6 projection as Adam Humphries with the last pick in the draft? Hey, no complaints from me on this one. Looks to immediately slot into backing up Jamison Crowder.

Between the Stroman pick and this one, I wonder if the Redskins are planning on letting Jamsion walk?

I think it depends on how Crowder rebounds this year and what his contract demands end up being. Crowder really regressed last year in ball security which was most concerning and he missed Reed, DJax & Garçon more than anyon but obviously Kirk. 

Crowder should’ve had about 10 more recs, 150 more yards and a handful more TDs last year. A few of those missed connections were on Kirk, but most of it was on Crowder.

Crowder is definitely capable of catching around 75 passes, 1000 yds and 10 TDs if he and Smith find a connection, Reed and Richardson stay healthy and Doctson takes the next step in his development to draw coverage away from Crowder in the slot.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Baller. I love this guy. Great route runner and great hands. He could eventually be a starter. He has a game like Welker/Crowder/Beasley but with more size. He seems like a Copper Krupp type wr.

You summed it up simply. Id add hes tough as nails and gritty as sand paper. Absolute no fear going through the middle of the field and getting popped hard. I think he actually prefers/enjoys it.

My second favorite pick, behind Guice. I love everything about this kid and only hope our WR coach ( Hillard) who unfortunately in one of the worst in the league ( but hey he coached the Florida Tushers that produced dumbo) can have the sack to let him earn a job based on performance not draft position. Our team has had fabulous WR coaches as this guy is by far 

latest?cb=20140211002420

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

My second favorite pick, behind Guice. I love everything about this kid and only hope our WR coach ( Hillard) who unfortunately in one of the worst in the league ( but hey he coached the Florida Tushers that produced dumbo) can have the sack to let him earn a job based on performance not draft position. Our team has had fabulous WR coaches as this guy is by far 

latest?cb=20140211002420

Yeah, Hillard is horrible... He did such a crappy job at developing mid round picks like Crowder and Grant into starters...

I mean ugh! Come on dude!

Lol lol. Ask Garçon or D Jax. 

He’s not a good coach. Crowder was pro ready and I don’t agree with you that grant was a pro bowler. But if you want to talk about our receivers you should talk about all of them and all the all pros he’s developed. The answer is zero. Even his own teams who knew him best that he played for didn’t want him as a coach. Might that be a clue? 

Just take a second and look at his career- who has he developed to maximize their skills? How does he do emphasizing how WR’s play all downs and are important to block on running plays. He may be a good guy and his definitely a Gruden boy, but you can’t tell me he’s a top wr coach. Have you watched him at training camp? The drills and attention to detail during practice. Just compare him to our DB coach Gray. See how they work, what they focus on, their demeanor on expectations. If your honest you will see That we have upgraded our coaching but Hilliard followed by Jordan are not close to top tier. 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Lol lol. Ask Garçon or D Jax. 

He’s not a good coach. Crowder was pro ready and I don’t agree with you that grant was a pro bowler. But if you want to talk about our receivers you should talk about all of them and all the all pros he’s developed. The answer is zero. Even his own teams who knew him best that he played for didn’t want him as a coach. Might that be a clue? 

Just take a second and look at his career- who has he developed to maximize their skills? How does he do emphasizing how WR’s play all downs and are important to block on running plays. He may be a good guy and his definitely a Gruden boy, but you can’t tell me he’s a top wr coach. Have you watched him at training camp? The drills and attention to detail during practice. Just compare him to our DB coach Gray. See how they work, what they focus on, their demeanor on expectations. If your honest you will see That we have upgraded our coaching but Hilliard followed by Jordan are not close to top tier. 

For the record, I said Hillard developed Grant into a starter - not a pro bowler. Whoever thought Grant would make $5 million in a season?  Certainly not me, although I did tell you all that he was capable of having a season like he had last year and be a reliable 3rd option.

I just told you who he’s developed. Crowder didn’t come in pro ready, he was developed. If you chose to ignore facts, we’ll thats on you. You’re so predictable if you don’t like a coach or our GM but they acquire/develop a player - like say Gruden with Cousins, Ike with Grant & Crowder  - you’ll say that the player only developed because of his own work but if a player doesn’t work out, then it’s the coaches fault or someone else. I’d also say that Hillard has done a good job developing Maurice Harris. Harris was an udfa that was a long shot to make the team but Hillard has done a good job with him and he made the team and produced some two years in a row.  Harris just may be the 4th best wide receiver on this team after Crowder, Doctson and Richardson and that’s a testament to Hillard’s Work developing him.

If Davis, Quinn, and/or Cobb develop into decent or better receivers, you’ll be damn sure I’m going to give Hillard some of the credit for helping them develop.

Do you actually have any evidence to back up your claims that he’s bad or only that Gruden hired him? I’ve never once read or heard that DJax and Garcon didn’t like him either. Provide me with quotes from a realiable source, otherwise I’ll believe you’re making it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived