Vikings sign...UDFA

SemperFeist

Did a little box score scouting to find Mata'afa's best game and watched his game against Utah

A few notes:

** Most noticeable as an interior pass rusher from the 1 and 3-technique positions
** Excels at both interior T-T stunts and looping T-E/T-B stunts
** Does a good job of using his size to his advantage on the interior. Able to get skinny and then square again quickly
** Disruptive against the run due to penetration
** Effective as a QB spy (minus one play he took a bad angle) and could be effective as a stand up rusher (like we've used Robison)
** Seems to have a great nose for the football

Alexander, 23, was arrested on charges of first-degree harassment, assault with injury and criminal mischief to the fifth-degree. According to MobilePatrol, the bond for Alexander is $62,500.

Ames Police Sgt. Mike Arkovich said a warrant for the arrest was issued after an altercation at 1:45 a.m. Aug. 20 in the 200 block of Ash Avenue.

The first victim was punched in the mouth and knocked out for a period of time. The victim's injuries required stitches, Arkovich said. The second victim, a friend of the first victim, was punched in the side of the head causing severe ear pain.

The second victim took a picture of Alexander on a phone, and was threatened with death if the picture was shown to police, Arkovich said. The phone was later damaged, and Arkovich said that Alexander admitted to damaging the phone

Im very excited about this year's udfa class, i think we could easily see 3 of them make the final 53. (Roc, Hurcules, & Hill)

With the addition of Hill i think we could finally see the end of Sherels. I get that Sherels is a reliable punt returner and was resigned. But if Hughes can take over those duties adequately then obviously Sherels is gone. He doesnt bring anything to the defense. 

Archived