Vikings sign...UDFA

SemperFeist

Highlight video, so of course it shows the really good, but I see a guy who adjusts to, and tracks, the football well in the air; generally catches with his hands, and has some kick return ability.

Balance, feet, acceleration, and vision all look exceptional. Kick return ability, long speed seems a bit lacking, but that’s okay for a running back. 

So many UDFAs... so few roster spots...

9 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Balance, feet, acceleration, and vision all look exceptional. Kick return ability, long speed seems a bit lacking, but that’s okay for a running back. 

So many UDFAs... so few roster spots...

Corey Chavous really seems to like Boone. He is one guy i never really did a deep dive in on. 

40 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How are the Vikings getting so many good udfa's? Are they just paying more or is the respect for the coaches and the fact that we've had some fa's with success here?

training facility?

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

training facility?

doesn't do much for them if they don't make the roster. i'm assuming the top 3 priorities for UDFAs are guaranteed salary, chance of making the 53 man roster (and getting the full salary) and playing time once they make the roster. 

A big part of the equation is likely money.

But if you go beyond that and look at some of the positions targeted for the bigger names.....

Three WRs (a lot of unknowns past the top 3-4 guys)
Two RBs (third RB is an unknown)
Two LBs (unknowns on second unit)
Two CBs (will likely be stiffest competition, but it's a defense that puts major focus on CB development)

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

After Treadwell and Wright, the #5 spot should be wide open.

My guess is that it comes down to King, Coley or Badet.

Badet brings an interesting flavor to the wr corp; reminds me of Kelly Campbell a bit from back in the day. 

But I'm a big fan of Korey Robertson. He was getting a lot of pre combine hype and kind of didn't have a spectacular combine so the hype died down a bit. But he really blew up last year at Southern Miss playing some good football. 

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Robertson & Wieneke. 

I was thinking that too but the more I'm looking at Badet the more intriguing he is.

Who is our pure burner? Our go to deep guy that takes the top off the defense? We don't have one currently, right? Look at this spider web below. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/jeff-badet

40 Yard Dash 4.34s* 95
Vertical Jump 39½"* 90
Broad Jump 131"* 94

I fell a little in love pre-draft with Keke Coutee and Jeff Badet looks little the next best thing. 

PFF charted Badet as catching 27 of 32 targets, with 3 drops, so his QB must’ve been accurate. On deep targets, he caught 5/6 for 198 yards, which is a pretty sweet 40 yards per completion.

I do think they could use a pure speed guy to run go routes and keep safeties honest. Maybe he’d end up as the KR too.

I like all 3 of the UDFA WRs quite a bit better in their highlights than either Adams or Coley from the draft last year. 

3 hours ago, Krauser said:

I like all 3 of the UDFA WRs quite a bit better in their highlights than either Adams or Coley from the draft last year. 

I didn't like Adams as his route tree consisted of like 3 routes. 

I liked Coley and still like him if he keeps putting in the effort. The lack of effort were the whispers with his time at Miami. 

With the Jones suspension, some spots are there for the taking. A wr corp should be like a starting 5 on a basketball team; you need a little bit of everything.

we still need that pure speed deep threat and that big, red zone, box out the cb type of guy. 

Archived