Vikings sign...UDFA

SemperFeist

10 hours ago, Klomp said:

That should at least keep him around for a year. Don't have to worry about him being nabbed off the practice squad, because he'll be on IR all year.

Yeah he's in a pretty crowded DL rotation. Hopefully he's ready to go next year and have a legit shot at making the roster.

• 2 weeks later...

No part of Johnny Stanton IV’s path to the NFL has been easy.

Having a successful high school career derailed by a knee injury? Not easy.

Bouncing around to three different colleges? Not easy.

Training for four different positions in the offseason and being told by the Minnesota Vikings that he’d be playing something completely different? Nope, definitely not easy.

https://zonecoverage.com/2018/vikings/quarterback-turned-fullback-johnny-stanton-iv-continues-his-rollercoaster-career-in-minnesota/

Knee injuries can be serious business, as Vikings fans are well-aware, but Mata'afa's agent believes that he will be back sooner than most players in his same position.

“He called me crying,’’ Mata'afa's agent Kenny Zuckerman said to the St. Paul Pioneer Press after the injury. “I think he just thought, ‘Oh, now they’re going to send me on a plane home tomorrow.’ But I talked to (general manager Rick Spielman) and I talked to (assistant general manager George Paton). They really like him and they plan to keep him there in the building and he’ll get ready for next season.’’

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Hercules-Mataafa-waived-by-Minnesota-Vikings-on-Wednesday-119207877

1 hour ago, Krauser said:

Oh man, I hope he's back next year. 

Ditto.... I liked him so much I mocked him as a first round pick in my first mock draft of this past season. My heart is still broken.....

edit: here is the mock

not many people fell in love with him the way I did. 

Archived