2018 Ravens 4th-7th Round Picks

coordinator0

1 hour ago, Danand said:

DON'T TRY TO BE HAPPY, NO SMILES!!! LIFE SUCKS, LIFE IS HARD, RAVENS LOSE, WE SUCK, FIRE EVERYBODY, DESTROY OPTIMISM, 

Lmao right. Like what the hell is the point of watching sports if you can't be eternally optimistic about your team? I mean look at the friggin Browns, those guys have managed to look at the glass half full for well over a decade now.

It's absolutely fair to critique and analyze a team/players shortcomings, as that's part of being a fan. But to just dismiss something because you don't want to get overly excited about the team you root for? That's just dumb, imo.

7 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lmao right. Like what the hell is the point of watching sports if you can't be eternally optimistic about your team? I mean look at the friggin Browns, those guys have managed to look at the glass half full for well over a decade now.

It's absolutely fair to critique and analyze a team/players shortcomings, as that's part of being a fan. But to just dismiss something because you don't want to get overly excited about the team you root for? That's just dumb, imo.

Glass half full!!?!?!? What are you? On happy happy pills? We drafted af 36 year old tight end in the 1. round, our new explosive quarterback will be on the sideline, our quarterback is Joe Flaccid, our receivers have no hands, the DC boasted the leagues worst defense last time he was DC, Harbaugh never change and does nothing, Weddle is old, Suggs get uglier for every year, Bisciottis hairline is retreating!

We should just cancel the season and forfeit every game so fans can avoid the excruciating pain of watching the Ravens play football

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Seems I vanished and things got interesting in my absence.

I think Seiler is a no brainer to get the good ole “Injured Reserve” redshirt designation.

Honestly, I think the NFL should just get rid of the game and allow all NFL teams to redshirt two rookie/sophomore players with a redshirt tag designation, as long as they have less than 4 accumulated games on the active roster. Maybe the team has to give a redshirted player an extra bonus as well to compensate for the lost opportunity?

On 7/1/2018 at 10:19 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I think Seiler is a no brainer to get the good ole “Injured Reserve” redshirt designation.

Barring injury, it's 100% that we'll keep Brandon Williams, Willie Henry, Brent Urban, Michael Pierce, and Chris Wormley. I think Kaufusi is cut and Carl Davis will be traded, we don't need to carry 3 NTs. Davis offers no pass rush. He's a serviceable player but with Williams and Pierce in house and the versatility Ricard offers, the roster spot can be better spent elsewhere.  So 5 true DI and 2 supplemental in Ricard and ZDS.

Sieler's case is interesting. He has the kind of profile necessary to break into that 7 lock and force the team to keep him on the playable roster. I'm excited to see the changes in evaluation and utilization in regards to our defensive assets. Wink doesn't have the same tethers Pees did, he's someone who needs results and has a concrete expectation in place that must be met. The FO knows the Baltimore DC position is one that carries prestige, visibility, résumé value and that the defense is rich at it's key positions, as does Martindale. He won't feel comfortable enough to turn a blind eye towards players/ideas of value in the name of god knows what repulsive quality, the same way Pees did. 

Everyone knows interior disruption and pass rush productivity was one of few major weaknesses for the defense last year and the last few years. The value placed upon that brand of weaponry across the league is also at an all time high, with contenders Rams, Jaguars, and Eagles being at the forefront of the arms race. From early looks at Wink's approach we've already seen Williams back at NT and Pierce backing him up, he's looking to field more productive players against the pass. Sieler was all that and more in college and if he proves his game translates from the DII level immediately the same way Judon's did, then there's no question he gets thrown into the Wormley, Urban, Henry rotation immediately. 

53 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

For what it's worth virtually all of Ricard's snaps later in the season were at FB. He may be out of the DL rotation/discussion.

That's what I thought going into the season too, but in someone's camp notes article(I can't remember if it was Zrebiec or McKusick's) they stated that Ricard was receiving plenty of DI snaps and that he was very much still a two way player.

I also don't consider him part of the rotation though,  just depth.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:19 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Wow. Seems I vanished and things got interesting in my absence.

Honestly, I think the NFL should just get rid of the game and allow all NFL teams to redshirt two rookie/sophomore players with a redshirt tag designation, as long as they have less than 4 accumulated games on the active roster. Maybe the team has to give a redshirted player an extra bonus as well to compensate for the lost opportunity?

Maybe they have to guarantee years 2 and 3 of their rookie contract?

Archived