Eagles select Austrailian Giant OT Jordan Mailata

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jlash said:
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

yea he's a freak...man if Stoutland develops him...long road to that though

Yea he's probably years away.

I'm fine with waiting. Just don't give up like we did with Villaneava. Steelers are reaping the benefits of that

47 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Why does the FO believe he can block? I understand why he was drafted athletic behemoth but he’ll sit for 2yrs on the PS won’t see a game until they’re ready to use or lose him

I kinda had the same thought. But if you think about it, what else can he do? At that size, you're limited to be a T. If the Eagles think he's just an unmoldeled lump of radioactive clay then I can see why the decision was made. I try not to fall in love with just size dimensions on a player because it really has little to do with his playing acumen. And if I'm being honest, he doesn't look like an NFL T yet. He looks like he's got to get bigger in the upper body. I'm sure he doesn't bench for strength a lot. He's got tree trunks for legs but I'm not sure if that translates well. Tackles need to be more quick than fast. But if they can get him in some conditioning program and get him some technique I'm super intrigued of course. It's a 7th, you can't really expect much but some potential. Which he has in bunches. 

Listening to interviews, I guess they must've thought somebody else was going to draft him.

Because it seems like Stoutland was all in on him and met with him all over the place...so chances were good he'd come here as an UDFA.

Archived