Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

Eagles select Austrailian Giant OT Jordan Mailata

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Let’s make this man a fullback and run power I FB runs or FB-HB options because that’s basically rugby 

Edited by oland11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oland11 said:

Let’s make this man a fullback and run power I FB runs or FB-HB options because that’s basically rugby 

Stop it. Fullbacks are a dinosaur and for good reason. Spreading the offense out is good, why bring the extra defender into the box just so a fullback MIGHT block them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Danger said:

Stop it. Fullbacks are a dinosaur and for good reason. Spreading the offense out is good, why bring the extra defender into the box just so a fullback MIGHT block them?

Why draft the guy when he MIGHT not even pan out as a OT. He’s  has experience running the ball so why not get him in a position where he might be more comfortable while he’s learning the ropes at OT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Why draft the guy when he MIGHT not even pan out as a OT. He’s  has experience running the ball so why not get him in a position where he might be more comfortable while he’s learning the ropes at OT?

Because 9 times out of 10, in modern football, having a fullback on the field is detrimental to the offensive schemes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danger said:

Stop it. Fullbacks are a dinosaur and for good reason. Spreading the offense out is good, why bring the extra defender into the box just so a fullback MIGHT block them?

Goal Line situations he's perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eagles18 said:

Goal Line situations he's perfect. 

Sure, but it's incredibly niche. Hell even line him up as an eligible TE in the Goal Line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sure, but it's incredibly niche. Hell even line him up as an eligible TE in the Goal Line.

for a late pick, the upside is tremendous.. 7th rounders rarely work out, Howie was smart taking a chance on this man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll agree his upside is unlimited but there's no reason to have a guy active on Sundays if he can't play his position. They don't have the luxury of activating a guy for a game that MAY be a packake goal line guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need him and Donnell Pumphrey to be best friends and like roommates. Imagine them in the kitchen wearing aprons making a quiche together, or Donnell taking a nap in Jordan's shoe, or riding a tandem bike together. My soul needs this to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Donnell Pumphrey in the same company as JR Reed, Reno Mahe, Disco Stu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

So is Donnell Pumphrey in the same company as JR Reed, Reno Mahe, Disco Stu?

I'd prefer that over Sean Considine, Tony Hunt, and Fireman Dan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danger said:

So is Donnell Pumphrey in the same company as JR Reed, Reno Mahe, Disco Stu?

I mean you gotta get some use out of that 4th Round pick and it sure as hell won't be football related. So I think he should sit in Jordan's roller skate and ride around the practice field while the real players try and shoot him with a paintball gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean you gotta get some use out of that 4th Round pick and it sure as hell won't be football related. So I think he should sit in Jordan's roller skate and ride around the practice field while the real players try and shoot him with a paintball gun. 

Jeremy Bloom's Ski Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was listening to NFL Radio where Pat Kirwan suggested they should make him a DT/DE instead of trying to turn him into a OT. Primary because of the massive learning curve.

How as a DT/DE hybrid in Scwartz's scheme the learning curve wouldn't be difficult given his size and athleticism  since he will basically get one or two assingment. Attack the QB or fill a gap. Thoughts?

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree it's an easier transition but who's to say he can't adapt to the T position fast? Are people just assuming he's a dummy? It's certainly presumptuous. Maybe he picks it up quicker than expected  

That said, he's way too tall to play DT. Guys would get under him fairly easy. I can see him as a 3-4 DE but what value does that pose? He's not quick enough in today's NFL to rush the QB. I'd much rather have him play T and possibly become a good starter. I think if he can get the footwork down, he's got a real shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×