Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

Eagles select Austrailian Giant OT Jordan Mailata

Posted (edited)

Let’s make this man a fullback and run power I FB runs or FB-HB options because that’s basically rugby 

Edited by oland11

7 hours ago, oland11 said:

Let’s make this man a fullback and run power I FB runs or FB-HB options because that’s basically rugby 

Stop it. Fullbacks are a dinosaur and for good reason. Spreading the offense out is good, why bring the extra defender into the box just so a fullback MIGHT block them?

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

Stop it. Fullbacks are a dinosaur and for good reason. Spreading the offense out is good, why bring the extra defender into the box just so a fullback MIGHT block them?

Why draft the guy when he MIGHT not even pan out as a OT. He’s  has experience running the ball so why not get him in a position where he might be more comfortable while he’s learning the ropes at OT?

54 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Why draft the guy when he MIGHT not even pan out as a OT. He’s  has experience running the ball so why not get him in a position where he might be more comfortable while he’s learning the ropes at OT?

Because 9 times out of 10, in modern football, having a fullback on the field is detrimental to the offensive schemes.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Goal Line situations he's perfect. 

Just now, eagles18 said:

Goal Line situations he's perfect. 

Sure, but it's incredibly niche. Hell even line him up as an eligible TE in the Goal Line.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sure, but it's incredibly niche. Hell even line him up as an eligible TE in the Goal Line.

for a late pick, the upside is tremendous.. 7th rounders rarely work out, Howie was smart taking a chance on this man. 

I'll agree his upside is unlimited but there's no reason to have a guy active on Sundays if he can't play his position. They don't have the luxury of activating a guy for a game that MAY be a packake goal line guy. 

I need him and Donnell Pumphrey to be best friends and like roommates. Imagine them in the kitchen wearing aprons making a quiche together, or Donnell taking a nap in Jordan's shoe, or riding a tandem bike together. My soul needs this to happen.

So is Donnell Pumphrey in the same company as JR Reed, Reno Mahe, Disco Stu?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'd prefer that over Sean Considine, Tony Hunt, and Fireman Dan.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean you gotta get some use out of that 4th Round pick and it sure as hell won't be football related. So I think he should sit in Jordan's roller skate and ride around the practice field while the real players try and shoot him with a paintball gun. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean you gotta get some use out of that 4th Round pick and it sure as hell won't be football related. So I think he should sit in Jordan's roller skate and ride around the practice field while the real players try and shoot him with a paintball gun. 

Jeremy Bloom's Ski Club

Posted (edited)

Was listening to NFL Radio where Pat Kirwan suggested they should make him a DT/DE instead of trying to turn him into a OT. Primary because of the massive learning curve.

How as a DT/DE hybrid in Scwartz's scheme the learning curve wouldn't be difficult given his size and athleticism  since he will basically get one or two assingment. Attack the QB or fill a gap. Thoughts?

Edited by Nabbs4u

I agree it's an easier transition but who's to say he can't adapt to the T position fast? Are people just assuming he's a dummy? It's certainly presumptuous. Maybe he picks it up quicker than expected  

That said, he's way too tall to play DT. Guys would get under him fairly easy. I can see him as a 3-4 DE but what value does that pose? He's not quick enough in today's NFL to rush the QB. I'd much rather have him play T and possibly become a good starter. I think if he can get the footwork down, he's got a real shot.