Eagles select Austrailian Giant OT Jordan Mailata

Kiltman

On 6/22/2018 at 9:45 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Whole litny of catastrophic things could happen . Never say 0%. Unlikely is more appropriate.

Still hoping for a Pumphrey type IR designation.

Every OL on the roster could go down and he still wouldn't make the roster, the team would sign up every other FA available who has played the game before.

You simply cannot learn the game that fast. He'd be a liability out there. Someone will get hurt if he sniffs the field.

8 hours ago, Phire said:

Every OL on the roster could go down and he still wouldn't make the roster, the team would sign up every other FA available who has played the game before.

You simply cannot learn the game that fast. He'd be a liability out there. Someone will get hurt if he sniffs the field.

Can't be much worse than Danny Watkins or Winston Justice.

I'm not calling for him to be a starter just to somehow be on the roster to be cut or kept for the 2019 season. 

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can't be much worse than Danny Watkins or Winston Justice.

I'm not calling for him to be a starter just to somehow be on the roster to be cut or kept for the 2019 season. 

hahahahahaha remember when Winston  Justice was our starting right tackle? Back before dem superb owl days.

dark times man.

23 hours ago, Jlash said:

I wonder with his size/speed combo if bringing him in to play defensive line would've been a quicker transition for the guy. Just seems like OL has so many more nuances. 

While I know the transition would be easier I truly think their hoping to strike lightning in a bottle with the Bookend OT opposite Lane for the next decade. 

Finding that is more important then a rotational DT/DE on this Defense.

His problem unlike others before him like Peters as a TE, Villanueva, Lane (numerous others) is the fact they knew Football terminology even if it was from another position.

So the transition was difficult but not like the fish out of water Mailata is. Hope it pans out.

Archived