Ravens 2018 UDFA

sp6488

For what it's worth Baltimore's roster now stands at 76 players. There's room for 14 undrafted free agents if nobody else from the current group is cut (a few likely will).

Also, I heard on local radio today that the Ravens signed TE Nick Keizer out of Grand Valley State to an UDFA deal.

11 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

For what it's worth Baltimore's roster now stands at 76 players. There's room for 14 undrafted free agents if nobody else from the current group is cut (a few likely will).

Also, I heard on local radio today that the Ravens signed TE Nick Keizer out of Grand Valley State to an UDFA deal.

I will add it when I see a link.  I'm guessing there will be better/more comprehensive accounting of which players are where by the end of the week.

11 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I will add it when I see a link.  I'm guessing there will be better/more comprehensive accounting of which players are where by the end of the week.

http://gvsulakers.com/news/2018/4/30/football-te-nick-keizer-and-ss-garrett-pougnet-ink-nfl-free-agent-contracts.aspx 

Though nothing official from Baltimore's side of things yet.

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Though nothing official from Baltimore's side of things yet

The Ravens always seem to be one of the last to announce an official list of UDFAs, although we'll hopefully get a list when rookie mini camp starts soon

Our DL competition in camp/preseason is going to be interesting.

It's already likely our deepest positional group based on what's on the roster. I'd put it slightly ahead of CB in that respect.

Entrenched guys include Williams, Pierce, Davis, Kafusi, Urban, Henry, Wormley and Ricard (lmk if I missed someone).

We just drafted Seiler, who is an interesting prospect.

Then the undrafted guys seem interesting (from @drd23's link):

Christian LaCouture, DT, LSU: He was a top recruit whose college career was slowed by injuries. He started 13 games last year and had 66 tackles and six sacks. He’s 6-foot-5 and 300 pounds. (The Advocate (La.))

Du’Vonta Lampkin, DT, Oklahoma: He had 23 tackles and one sack in 17 career games for the Sooners last year and then declared for the draft after his redshirt sophomore season. He is 6-foot-4 and 335 pounds. (Lampkin’s personal Twitter account)

Obviously they went undrafted for a reason.  Reading scouting reports, it seems like LaCouture had the college production, but just isn't super projectable to the next level (lateral quickness, stubby arms).  Lampkin is the really intriguing one IMO.  Seemingly odd choice to jump following his RS sophomore season.  Maybe school just wasn't for him?

Christian LaCouture, DT, LSU

LaCouture had highs and lows in August 2016. He received his degree from LSU on August 3, but then suffered a knee ligament tear that prevented him from playing his senior year. A flood also went through his family home in Lincoln, Nebraska that month. In 2017, he wore the coveted No. 18 jersey as the player that most exemplifies being a Bayou Bengal. He started all 13 games on the year, making 66 tackles, 8.5 for loss, six sacks, and five pass breakups. LaCouture's father was a hockey player good enough to go to the University of Maine and help the Black Bears win the 1993 national title. Junior's game was football, however, and he rose to the top of the defensive lineman high school recruiting rankings in 2012 (he played in Texas before moving to Lincoln during his career). LaCouture played in every game as a true freshman, making 11 tackles as a reserve. He started every game as a sophomore, making 40 tackles, four for loss, and 2.5 sacks. LaCouture started 10 of 11 games played in 2015, being credited with 35 tackles, 2.5 for loss, and a sack.

Du’Vonta Lampkin, DT, Oklahoma

Lampkin's size, strength, and inconsistency make him a sink-or-swim prospect who could become a future NFL starter or be out of the league in a year. Lampkin's frame and power give him a shot and could put him on the radar at multiple positions for both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses depending on defensive philosophy. He'll need to improve his hands and the consistency of his initial strike, but he's got undeniable ability to win at the point of attack if he can play with better technique and a better motor.

Archived