sp6488

Ravens 2018 Draft Grades (forum)

How do you grade the Ravens 2018 draft?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Ravens 2018 draft?

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

my biggest issue with this draft is i can't answer if the Ravens are in win-now or rebuild mode.

TE in rounds 1+3 point me to the latter as they'll help Flacco a lot, if they amount to anything that is.

QB rd1 and the WR who'll need a year or 2 before they'll be worth anything imo point me in the opposite direction and tell me they are part of the young core to grow with/for LJ.

whats more, i made it clear that i am sceptical if LJ ever amounts to anything. i am hopeful he will be the QBOTF and a top10 QB in this league for years but much too early to tell.

so, i give this draft a C as of today, give me two years and it may well be the best draft class for this team eva! but i have seen too much bad drafting lately to not remain sceptical at this point.

e/

forgot to mention my favorite pick - DeShone Elliott. i do believe he'll be the successor to Weddle and a starter come 2019. not Ed Reed caliber but very serviceable.

he'll outplay his draft slot by far.

Couple things.

I agree that this draft seemed more "win now" than rebuild. The major piece to rebuilding was Lamar Jackson. Everyone else is basically contributing to the "win now" mentality of Joe throwing to TE's more than WR's.

As for Elliott, he's a box safety. If we put him at FS, that's a major mistake. If anything, he should be taking over for Jefferson once we move on from him in a couple years. We still need a true FS who can roam the back end, and that may come next year via the draft, but Elliott is not that guy.