Veteran cuts and the 53 man roster.

Kiwibrown

Which vets to do have being cut? 

What is your 53 man roster?

ill post the roster tomorrow or Saturday. 

In have Jamie Meder not making the team along with Xavier Cooper. 

Also so I don't think Payton makes it either and maybe not Higgins. 

Keving Hogan doesn't make it unless there is a trade of Brock or Kessler. 

I think Greco makes it as back up C and guard. He is cheap and out 6th best linemen. 

I agree with all of those pretty much.

DT is really interesting to me with Des, Shelton and Ogunjobi pretty much locked in.  From there you have Cooper, Meder, Brantley and Coley, who has apparently looked good in camp. I can't see keeping more than 5 DT (at most), so 2-3 of those guys are getting axed. 

I'm just curious to see how it plays out.

I'm not too good with these types of projections, but here are some of my cuts of significance:

• Cam Erving - while he may be able to fill in at multiple positions on the line, he plays each of those spots poorly. This regime didn't draft him and he simply hasn't shown he can produce.
  • Nate Orchard - similar to Erving, this organization simply doesn't have any investment in Orchard and from the sounds of it, he really hasn't shown much even after being moved back to his natural position.
  • Zane Gonzalez - Parkey has consistently outperformed him in camp and when you're looking at a kicker battle, that's really all that matters. Additionally, Parkey is a probowler, so it's not  this is a fluke, and he's only 25 so he definitely has the chance to be around for the long haul. If Zane is cut, he'll be like a majority of his 7th round counterparts, so no big loss for the Browns to whiff on that pick.

5 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Based on what? His charm and good looks?

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

His contract. 

from listening to the beat reporters and reading reports, they said Coleman will be the starting RT and that Erving has look good enough to be the back up tackle. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

His contract. 

That's kind of a double edged sword - the same contract that makes him easy to keep on the roster is the one that makes him easier to cut. It's basically a wash as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

from listening to the beat reporters and reading reports, they said Coleman will be the starting RT and that Erving has look good enough to be the back up tackle. 

It's funny you say that because I've basically read/heard the opposite - even after being shuffled around he's just too ineffective to be consequential... personally, I think he's the perfect sacrificial lamb to emphasize the principal that regardless of where you were drafted, if you can't hack it then you'll be out on the street. Regardless of our opinions tho, he's starting at LT tonight for JT, so I guess we'll see how good he is (at least for a little while)

8 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

I'm not too good with these types of projections, but here are some of my cuts of significance:

• Cam Erving - while he may be able to fill in at multiple positions on the line, he plays each of those spots poorly. This regime didn't draft him and he simply hasn't shown he can produce.
  • Nate Orchard - similar to Erving, this organization simply doesn't have any investment in Orchard and from the sounds of it, he really hasn't shown much even after being moved back to his natural position.
  • Zane Gonzalez - Parkey has consistently outperformed him in camp and when you're looking at a kicker battle, that's really all that matters. Additionally, Parkey is a probowler, so it's not  this is a fluke, and he's only 25 so he definitely has the chance to be around for the long haul. If Zane is cut, he'll be like a majority of his 7th round counterparts, so no big loss for the Browns to whiff on that pick.

Zane will make the team. That kid has a leg. 

Archived