Veteran cuts and the 53 man roster.

Kiwibrown

I wonder if there is any chance that Kessler gets cut, he is pretty far back in the pecking order and doesn't seem to have what Hue wants (even though Hue promised). Maybe even traded, could probably get a mid round pick from the right team. Not promoting the idea btw just after Bryant was cut after being pushed back it may be a trend.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wonder if there is any chance that Kessler gets cut, he is pretty far back in the pecking order and doesn't seem to have what Hue wants (even though Hue promised). Maybe even traded, could probably get a mid round pick from the right team. Not promoting the idea btw just after Bryant was cut after being pushed back it may be a trend.

I'd try to trade him to Miami

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I still think he's could be a really solid backup.

He won't beat teams vertically, but he doesn't make a lot of mistakes and completes passes.

He's also dirt cheap for another 2 seasons.

Interesting signing in NT Brandon Thompson. Sheltons injury could be more serious then first thought. Really like Conley. He's going to start over Meder. Keep an eye on the Giants DL Situ. There's a lot of guys with a ton of potential who could be cut. 

I come in here and see ya'll discussing Kessler being traded or released and then suggesting the right price  would be a mid-round or even 2nd round pick.... I think the Kyrie trade knocked something loose, because this is all crazy talk. First, he's not worth anything more than a fifth round pick - maybe - and even then he couldn't even start for the Browns so what makes anyone objectively believe any other team would feel he could do the same for them. Second, he's Hue's "trust me" pick, so I highly doubt after only one year he's going to be jettisoned after a poor training camp. He's still the solid backup everyone projected him to be and I think the Browns still view him as such. Yes, he regressed from last year, but once all the volatility from training camp subsides and we get set in the regular season, I'm sure he'll settle in and get back on track.  

37 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

I come in here and see ya'll discussing Kessler being traded or released and then suggesting the right price  would be a mid-round or even 2nd round pick.... I think the Kyrie trade knocked something loose, because this is all crazy talk. First, he's not worth anything more than a fifth round pick - maybe - and even then he couldn't even start for the Browns so what makes anyone objectively believe any other team would feel he could do the same for them. Second, he's Hue's "trust me" pick, so I highly doubt after only one year he's going to be jettisoned after a poor training camp. He's still the solid backup everyone projected him to be and I think the Browns still view him as such. Yes, he regressed from last year, but once all the volatility from training camp subsides and we get set in the regular season, I'm sure he'll settle in and get back on track.  

Kessler was awful last preseason too, he just seems to be a bit of a slow starter.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kessler was awful last preseason too, he just seems to be a bit of a slow starter.

He appears to be a bad practice player. Probably just because he can't make all of the throws and he tries things in practice that he knows he can't get away with in games. Besides the 9 times he took a safety last preseason I didn't think he looked too bad. I don't know what he did this preseason besides losing the football on the handoff that was so terrible. He is averaging about twice as many yards per attempted pass this preseason compared to Osweiler and most seem to think Brock is a better choice at QB.

If Kessler is ok with being a career back up I'm ok with keeping him. If he wants a chance to win a starting job I don't think it will be under Hue, he can't even get ahead of Osweiler on the depth chart for some reason...arm strength I guess.

Archived