RT: Orlando Brown Jr. (Round 3)

DE: Harold Landry (Round 2)
DT: Harrison Phillips (Round 3)
DT: Mo Hurst (Round 5)
DE: Lorenzo Carter (Round 3)
OLB: Jack Cichy (Round 6)
MLB: Josey Jewell (Round 4)
OLB: Shaq Griffin (Round 5)
Rotational Pass Rusher: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo (Round 5)
CB: Josh Jackson (Round 2)
FS: Justin Reid (Round 3)
SS: Ronnie Harrison (Round 3)
CB: JC Jackson (UDFA)
Nickel CB: Anthony Averett (Round 4)

Form a team of 25 

QB: Josh Rosen (1)

RB: Royce Freeman (3)

RB:  John Kelly (6)

WR: Antonio Callaway (4)

WR: Equinameous St. Brown (6)

WR: Braxton Berrios (6)

TE: Ian Thomas (4)

LT: Jamarco Jones (5)

LG: Will Hernandez (2)

C: Brian Allen (4)

RG:  Alex Cappa (3)

RT: Brian O'Neill (2)

DE: Josh Sweat (4)

DT: Maurice Hurst (5)

DT:  Andrew Brown (5)

DE: Arden Key (3)

SLB: Lorenzo Carter (3)

MLB: Kenny Young (4)

WLB: Josey Jewell (4)

CB: Isaiah Oliver (2)

CB: Holton Hill (UDFA)

FS: Ronnie Harrison (3)

SS: Jordan Whitehead (4)

K: Daniel Carlson (5)

P: Michael Dickson (5)

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

you dont need a Franchise QB to win a Superbowl. History has proven that. 

also to boot whos to say any of the qbs in this class are true franchise prospects. every single 1 has a flaw. 

In the same way that I don't need my car to get to work. But it sure does make it a hell of a lot easier. RBs are not more valuable than QBs.

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Just curious: If I wanted to run more of a M2M scheme than Zone, who do you take: Josh Jackson or Isaiah Oliver?

For sure Oliver.   Jackson is a zone guy for now albeit a great ballhawk there.  The one thing is that Jackson is still a baby in learning CB he switched in college.  So he could improve on his man skills unlike most guys who have pretty finished outcomes of fit by now. 

But from Day 1 Oliver is the better man coverage fit.   Absolute steal to get him at 2.58 for ATL.  

16 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

ask the Rams if they regret taking gurley or the Cowboys taking elliot or even the jags taking Fournette. gurantee you they dont regret it.  RBs are becoming more valued and Barkley is the best Back to probably come out since AP

They should. Do the Cowboys regret passing the obviously better player in Jalen Ramsey? The Jags would be Super Bowl favorites with Patrick Mahomes. Instead they have no shot. I preferred DeVante Parker to the Rams back in the day, so I guess that the one RARE instance it didn't pay out. And I am going out on a limb saying Gurley will not get that second contract with the Rams.

Melvin Gordon looks like an inefficiency monster on the Chargers. The Pats have been the one shining example of why you don't need to invest in a RB, yet they spend a 1st on a satellite back?? Epic failure.

2 hours ago, chris00cm said:

They should. Do the Cowboys regret passing the obviously better player in Jalen Ramsey? The Jags would be Super Bowl favorites with Patrick Mahomes. Instead they have no shot. I preferred DeVante Parker to the Rams back in the day, so I guess that the one RARE instance it didn't pay out. And I am going out on a limb saying Gurley will not get that second contract with the Rams.

Melvin Gordon looks like an inefficiency monster on the Chargers. The Pats have been the one shining example of why you don't need to invest in a RB, yet they spend a 1st on a satellite back?? Epic failure.

Mahomes isn't better then bortles plus with how the jags want to play run the ball up your butt it doesn't make sense to invest in drafting a raw developmental qb round 1.  Jags are a super bowl contender because of fournette and not of having Mahomes.

3 hours ago, chris00cm said:

"Michel clearly is the next GOAT!" 

...says every dynasty Michel FFB owner.   

(FTR, I wouldn't have drafted MG3, CMC, Fournette, Penny or Michel in Rd1 either...at 1.31 and already having spent a 1st, though, it's a little different.  Plus, Michel is the GOAT V2.  Still, I'm a RB Rd1 nihilist too).

On 5/3/2018 at 2:25 PM, Broncofan said:

"Michel clearly is the next GOAT!" 

...says every dynasty Michel FFB owner.   

(FTR, I wouldn't have drafted MG3, CMC, Fournette, Penny or Michel in Rd1 either...at 1.31 and already having spent a 1st, though, it's a little different.  Plus, Michel is the GOAT V2.  Still, I'm a RB Rd1 nihilist too).

Hahah dynasty owners outta know better than to invest in a NE back. Although Michel seems like a safest RB they've had in a while.

I usually try to go with the best overall player in Round 1, especially if I think there is a value QB elsewhere. I'm relatively high on Rudolph, so that's why I went Barkley as my feature RB. I also think Barkley is special and didn't want to have to decide between all the first round QBs though.

Tried to do something different.

Offense - Banking on a strong OL and getting the ball in the hands of playmakers.

QB - Mason Rudolph (3rd)

RB - John Kelly (6th)

Flex - Nyheim Hines (4th)

WR - Antonio Callaway(4th)

WR - Anthony Miller (2nd)

TE - Ian Thomas (4th)

LT - Chukwuma Okorafor (3rd)

LG - Will Hernandez (2nd)

C - Brian Allen (4th)

RG - Austin Corbett (2nd)

RT - Orlando Brown (3rd)

Defense - 4/3 Under Scheme with heavy man to man.  Wanted some speed, LB’s in particular are versatile.  Need the big boys to keep them clean.

DE - Jalyn Holmes (4th)

DT - Tim Settle (5th)

DT - Maurice Hurst (5th)

DE - Arden Key (3rd)

OLB - Genard Avery (5th)

ILB - Jerome Baker (3rd)

OLB - Shaquem Griffin (5th)

CB - Denzel Ward (1st)

CB - Tremon Smith (6th)

CB - Parry Nickerson (6th)

S - Armani Watts (4th)

S - Jordan Whitehead (4th)

K - Jason Sanders (7th)

P - Michael Dickson (5th)

QB (1) - Sam Darnold

RB (6) - John Kelly 

FB/TE2 (5) - Jaylen Samuels 

WR1 (4) - Antonio Calloway 

WR2 (3) - Michael Gallup 

WR3 - (6) - Equanamious St. Brown 

TE (4) - Ian Thomas 

LT (3) - Martinaas Rankin

G (2) - Will Hernandez 

C (5) - Scott Quisenberry 

G (5) - Tyrell Crosby 

RT (3) - Chukwuma Okorafor 

ST return / RB depth (7+) - Philip Lindsay (UDFA) 

——————————

DE (4) - Josh Sweat 

DT (5) - Maurice Hurst 

DT (5) - Tim Settle 

DE (2) - Harold Landry 

WLB (5) - Shaquem Griffin 

MLB (4) - Josey Jewell 

SLB (3) - Lorenzo Carter 

CB (7+) - Holton Hill (UDFA)

FS (3) - Justin Reid 

SS (4) - Kyzir White 

CB (2) - Isiaih Oliver 

Slot (4) - Nick Nelson 

———————————

Rd 1 (1) - Darnold 

Rd 2 (3) - Hernandez, Landry, Oliver 

Rd 3 (5) - Carter, Rankin, Reid, Gallup, Okorafor

Rd 4 (6 instead of 7) - Thomas, Calloway, Jewell, Nelson, White, Sweat

Rd 5 (6) Hurst, Griffen, Crosby, Quisenberry, Settle, Samuels

Rd 6 (2 instead of 3) - Kelly, the GB Cheetah ESB 

Rd 7+ (2) - Hill, Lindsay 

——————————————

Instead of 7 4ths I went 6 4th and took an extra 5th.   Also instead of 3 6ths and 1 7th/UDFA I have 2 6ths and 2 UDFA.   Since I’m taking lower picks each time I figured that’s ok.  

EDIT:  OK, here's the thinking:

Round 1- the true franchise QB is hardest to find, and if there's a legit one (I'm a believer), easy call.    Darnold I believe has a league-average floor by Year 2-3, and a top 5 ceiling.  My 1.1 on Big Board, so he's in.   

Round 2 - here, I went with the BPA list as well as factoring in positional depth - I really wanted to include Goedert, as the dropoff to the next tier is the biggest.  But Hernandez/Landry, I couldn't pass up, and the dropoff from Oliver (who I chose over Jackson, wanting to play a man scheme), well, those are the key spots to address (need 1 OL anchor, and Williams isn't a lock, whereas I am comfortable with Hernandez being one).

Round 4 - Ironically, I did this Round first for the first 3 selections, because I knew Calloway, Jewell and Sweat were making it in for the value.   They were the top 3 guys on my "shouldn't be there based on talent (Calloway we know why, Jewell's athletic profile was going to let him drop in an insanely deep ILB class, and Sweat, well, I'm still puzzled, must be a health issue).   So I actually started here first, and then once I looked at the CB class, Nelson was going to be my 3rd CB (I actually put Holton Hill right away for the same issue with insane value talent-wise).   White became the easy 5th pick once I made the difficult decision to pass on Goedert Rd2.   

Round 3 - now a combination of talent and positional depth, but with positional need starting to factor in (BPA only matters when there's a significant gap in talent, it starts to become less apparent by now).   Knowing Jewell was going to be my MLB, I immediately took Carter's OLB talent and loved adding another pass rush talent (can't ever have enough in your front 7).  I then mined the guys who shouldn't have fallen to Rd3 (Reid & Ranking), then hit Gallup & Okorafor as the guys where the positional tier drops off suddenly after they were gone.    If I wasn't in altitude, would have definitely considered Orlando Brown, but not in a high-altitude environment.   Gallup is also the complete opposite to Callaway profile-wise - but with surprising athleticism.   Never will be a WR1, but a safe WR2 and versatile (wins inside & on the boundary).

Round 5 - IMO this was an insane value round.   Why I really disliked Elway trading out 2x from 5.149 with Crosby on the board, and then 5.160 with NT Settle on the board as well.   They were also added in almost right away.   Hurst & Griffen were similar no-brainer adds.   Samuels' (FB & move TE) and Quisenberry's versatility (C & G) factored heavily into the last 2 choices.   Yeah, it's 6 picks - but I deliberately took one fewer Rd4 pick.  I'd rather have these 6 5th rounders and one less 4th rounder on this team.  

Round 7+ / UDFA - same deal as Round 5 - I identified 3 guys that I thought should have been drafted - Hill plays the position still left, and frankly, while I love Holland, he's a minus in the run game.  Hill's problem is all character, not talent.    It's also why I chose to have 3 CB's on my team (not just because 60+ percent of plays are in nickel, that helps justify it too lol).  I went Lindsay here because I want a burner / home run ST returner, and a 3rd down back that can back up Kelly, who isn't a guy who can handle a 25+ touch workload. 

Round 6 - to justify taking 2 UDFA's, I took 2 guys here instead of 3 - and ESB & Kelly were the guys who stood out (I would have popped Kelly as early as 3.99, with the RB's left - LAC got a steal, no one will realize it unless Gurley gets hurt though).  

My OL is a little iffier across the board, but it has its foundation in Hernandez, and I love the ceiling with the guys (and they can actually play now decently, maybe except Okorafor, but had to add some LT ceiling in case Rankin is more a G or T).  The versatility across the OL is nuts.   The WR corps is all ceiling, and I liked being able to have versatility and blocking help with both my TE's (helps the OL) 

My D I absolutely love - Landry, Hurst & Oliver all had Rd1 Big Board grades for me, while Sweat, Reid, Settle & Nelson I all had in my top 100, and Sweat/Reid in my top 50.     

That was fun.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:05 PM, LinderFournette said:

Mahomes isn't better then bortles plus with how the jags want to play run the ball up your butt it doesn't make sense to invest in drafting a raw developmental qb round 1.  Jags are a super bowl contender because of fournette and not of having Mahomes.

35 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

i could careless what his Anayltics say. there were Huge Differences between how we played with Fournette and when we had Ivory/Yeldon.  Pat Mahomes wouldnt have gotten the jags farther then Bortles did.  Prove that wrong.  we needed a RB so we picked the "best" RB in the draft.   and Yes i would take Barkely over all the 1st round QBs and i was a big mayfield guy but u dont pass on ELITE talent for a Game Manager QB. 

Archived