Guess the Top 53

D82

11 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Isn't T. Austin a WR?

Why are you listing him as a RB?

He has nearly as many rushes as he does receptions for his career. Last season was 13/59 rec to runs. He's going to be Lance Dunbar/Mr. Jet Sweep for this offense. 

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Any chance Taco or D Lawrence can play at RDE? 

Either could do so. Dont think you want to move Lawrence from where he has looked his best though. And Taco could probably still ride out the right side in a rotation. Unlike Lawrence he hasnt really locked himself in anywhere with his performance

42 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

He left off Taco by accident, but...he's got a point. Lot of talent at DE.

IMO, Taco's quickest path to making an impact is to have him line up as a defensive tackle as a pass rusher. We've seen long-armed guys like Justin Tuck and Greg Hardy just punk slow-footed and short-armed guards. I think that's the model we should look at for Taco.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

IMO, Taco's quickest path to making an impact is to have him line up as a defensive tackle as a pass rusher. We've seen long-armed guys like Justin Tuck and Greg Hardy just punk slow-footed and short-armed guards. I think that's the model we should look at for Taco.

I'd be all for that plan. Whatever we can do to maximize his skillset. 

12 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

With Randy and Armstrong, I think one of the biggest benefits will be Crawford can re-join the interior.

Crawfords best impact has been as a rotation guy at 3 spots. Because of his mix of upper body power, leg push and jump off at the snap, he can create surprise against different OLs at any time. His best use was this past season, where he would open drives at right end, spell Lawrence at left end, and get a healthy dose of snaps from undertackle.

While his stats dont show it, moving him around allowed him to be a disruptive player who played both the run and pass equally well. 

I think they would be foolsh to play him exclusively inside.

4 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Crawfords best impact has been as a rotation guy at 3 spots. Because of his mix of upper body power, leg push and jump off at the snap, he can create surprise against different OLs at any time. His best use was this past season, where he would open drives at right end, spell Lawrence at left end, and get a healthy dose of snaps from undertackle.

While his stats dont show it, moving him around allowed him to be a disruptive player who played both the run and pass equally well. 

I like Crawford and believe he is a good player. Just not fond of him being our starting RE pr making $9 mill a year.

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I like Crawford and believe he is a good player. Just not fond of him being our starting RE pr making $9 mill a year.

Its not a bad price for a veteran DL and defensive leader. Hes smart, rarely beaten by a runner, understands what blocking scheme is unfolding before him.and is always playing downhill. 

For 9 a year, you kind of wantbetter stats maybe. But what he doesnt provide in sacks and TFLs he makes up for with his versatility,.leadership, and frequent disruption of the play. Hes a good football player. Id pay that 9mil  a year anytime.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:29 AM, Desperado82 said:

RB: Ezekiel Elliott // Rod Smith // Tavon Austin 
WR: Allen Hurns // Cole Beasley // Noah Brown // Michael Gallup // Deonte Thompson // Cedrick Wilson 
TE: Geoff Swaim // Blake Jarwin // Dalton Schwartz 

Get ready to see 9 men in the box all the time.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Get ready to see 9 men in the box all the time.

Which is why drafting Connor Williams was so important. If we are to be limited, we need to ensure that we are at least elite at that level.

Cutting Dez and losing Witten both hurt.

10 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I am not saying exclusively at any one spot. Crawford can rotate. But he can present a better rush (and rotation) from the inside than having to start at the outside.

Depth is improved.

Archived