2018 Draft Grades

TheVillain112

This was a terribly weak o line class too. Every single one of them were overdrafted. The guys there at 46 weren’t worth it and they prob would’ve had to trade back into the late first to grab one of the guards on the board. Now if that Mccarron trade had gone thru???

On 4/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, sparky151 said:

Is Burfict allowed on the sideline for games while suspended? 

Nah.  He's out until week 5.  Preston Brown, Vigil and Evans will need to hold down the fort until he gets back.  I for one am excited about my Bengals crush Jordan Evans getting more snaps.  I thought he played lights out in the last game against the Ravens until he got hurt.  If you guys have NFL game pass go back to that Ravens game, you'll see how much better our defense was with Evans on the field, and how easily the Ravens moved the ball after Evans got hurt...

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Browns fan here, you guys had a damn good draft from top to bottom. I didn't really see the grades but you had to have an A-. Are you comfortable with your OTs moving forward?

Nope.  Cordy Glenn's health is still a question mark and we're not sure who'll be starting at RT.  Right now we're guessing Jake Fisher but he's coming off of surgery himself to fix an irregular heart beat...

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Browns fan here, you guys had a damn good draft from top to bottom. I didn't really see the grades but you had to have an A-. Are you comfortable with your OTs moving forward?

No. Glenn is good, but has an injury history. There's lots of bad tape of the other three.  If Glenn stays healthy and fish improves after his health scare and with better coaching, then we have a chance. I'm not sure that the odds are in our favor on that one.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm fine with LT, because Glenn's injury was prolonged by not letting it heal initially, and developing spurs.  He's healthy now, and I believe he remains that way.  No way to forecast knee injuries though.

RT is a mess, with 4 candidates with not much to write or nothing good to write on their resume's.

16 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I'm fine with LT, because Glenn's injury was prolonged by not letting it heal initially, and developing spurs.  He's healthy now, and I believe he remains that way.  No way to forecast knee injuries though.

RT is a mess, with 4 candidates with not much to write or nothing good to write on their resume's.

Assuming he is 100%, I think Fisher wins that spot.  Goodberry had some good stuff on Fisher and improvements he made throughout the year at RT before the draft that he posted on Twitter. 

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Perkins might have a better shot than I previously thought. Hobson has some stuff touting him as having supporters in the building. I was happy with his play at the end of the year.

I thought he looked like the best Tackle we had in the preseason, but that was against subpar competition.  I'm excited that he might get a chance.  The new OL coach doesn't seem to have favorites which is a refreshing change...

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought he looked like the best Tackle we had in the preseason, but that was against subpar competition.  I'm excited that he might get a chance.  The new OL coach doesn't seem to have favorites which is a refreshing change...

That will be the best thing for the oline. Best guys play no matter their draft status 

8 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

That will be the best thing for the oline. Best guys play no matter their draft status 

He was the starting tackle at Texas as well, so it's not like Kent Perkins is a nobody.  Cautiously optimistic...

Archived