Frank Ragnow, C

Kerryon Johnson, WR

Tracy Walker, S

Da'Shawn Hand, DT

Tyrell Crosby, OT

Nick Bawden, FB

--------------------------------------

How'd they do guys? 

Ragnow and Crosby are great for the Lions.

Daniels and Anthony Miller are great picks for the Bears, and Roquan Smith should be a star. Fitts might be good if he’s past the injuries. I think they gave up a future pick along the way.

Alexander-Jackson is a perfect zone CB duo for the Packers. Add them to King and they’re well on the way to reviving that defense. Plus they got a future first from the Saints, who are obviously swinging for the fences with Brees probably done in 2 more years.

Don’t know enough about the depth to grade the drafts, but the first 2 picks for the Packers are just about a dream scenario for them. They’ve got to be the best draft class in the division, and probably one of the very best in the league. 

I think the Vikings had the best draft if you count UDFA.

Yeah the Packers did well to add Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson, but the Vikings aren’t very far behind by add Mike Hughes and Holton Hill.

I could see Brian O’Neill and Colby Gossett becoming starters for us and liked them both more than Cole Madison.

They added the 2nd best Punter, but we added the best Kicker.

I think the Bears were better early in the draft with their higher picks, but only had 6 picks.  

The Lions had the most consistent draft. 

The Packers has the best fortune early and have the opportunity to add talent with their 11 picks. 

Despite the disadvantage of picking 30th and not the best of luck with OL talent available early, I think we had the strongest finish in the late rounds/UDFA and ended up closer than we should have. 

To do draft grades so soon after a draft, I generally use this rule of thumb, 80% of the grade is from the first 100 picks, 20% from the rest + UDFA.

Packers overall had the best draft class, we caught up a little towards the end, but not much.

Packers A+, Bears A-, Lions B, Vikings B-

The Packers said goodbye to a longtime member of their receiving corps this offseason when they released Jordy Nelson and there will be plenty of new blood vying for a chance to fill his snaps.

Green Bay added former Missouri wideout J’Mon Moore in the fourth round, former South Florida receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling in the fifth round and ex-Notre Damer Equanimeous St. Brown in the sixth round as they closed out the draft by repopulating the depth chart at wideout. Moore is the shortest of the three rookies at 6’3″ so they bring a different look to a group fronted by the shorter Davante Adams and Randall Cobb.

McCarthy:  “I think you’re always looking for bigger targets, it makes sense, doesn’t it? Bigger catching radius, completion percentage. I think any quarterback would prefer to throw to a bigger target.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/29/mike-mccarthy-on-drafting-three-wrs-always-looking-for-bigger-targets/

I think all of them did pretty well...even though I agree with Teninch on Ragnow.  I was never truly a fan of his to begin with, dating back to him spurning Kill and going with that Cheddarhead Bielema at Arkansas...and now he's compounded it by being drafted by the Lions.  He's no longer one of us.  

Archived