2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

15 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Lol you guys are really gonna try and live off that forever aren't you? We also lost our QB for the 2nd half of that game...means jack squat 

Hate to be that guy, but it isn't like Mariota was feasting out there. Andre Hal was basically in the huddle in that first half. 

I don't think the game is indicative of the rivalry, but I'd be lying if I said the transition to Mike Vrabel is a good thing for the Titans. He took the #1 defense in 2016 and turned them into a bottom 10 unit. That's not a good sign. 

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's just 2nd place guys...

giphy.gif

...and only took you a decade to catch up. Good job, can't wait to see that "AFC Finalist" banner up in Wembley Stadium. 

(J/K - should be fun next season with Luck and Watson back)

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

for their sake I hope not.

I mean Dean Pees is AWFUL. I'd at least give Vrabel half responsibility there.

42 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Hate to be that guy, but it isn't like Mariota was feasting out there. Andre Hal was basically in the huddle in that first half. 

I don't think the game is indicative of the rivalry, but I'd be lying if I said the transition to Mike Vrabel is a good thing for the Titans. He took the #1 defense in 2016 and turned them into a bottom 10 unit. That's not a good sign. 

How big of a factor were injuries and schedule of opponents?

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

How big of a factor were injuries and schedule of opponents?

There was some attrition - AJ Bouye, Whitney Mercilius weren't available - and schedule was a first place AFC schedule in both years. 2016 was AFC West/NFC North and 2017 was AFC North/NFC West so that's a push at worst.

I don't think that accounts for a 25 spot drop...the loss of Bouye was bad, the loss of Mercilius was bad, but 25 spots?

50 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Lol I guess we shall see. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

There was some attrition - AJ Bouye, Whitney Mercilius weren't available - and schedule was a first place AFC schedule in both years. 2016 was AFC West/NFC North and 2017 was AFC North/NFC West so that's a push at worst.

I don't think that accounts for a 25 spot drop...the loss of Bouye was bad, the loss of Mercilius was bad, but 25 spots?

Plus no JJ Watt.

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

Lol I guess we shall see. 

For what it's worth, I hope he proves me wrong - the game is better when all four in the AFCS are at their best. 

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

For what it's worth, I hope he proves me wrong - the game is better when all four in the AFCS are at their best. 

No longer the worst division in football..quickly becoming one of the strongest tbh. I hope we can just see Mariota and Watson healthy for a full season this year. Let the better team win. 

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

That's no different than 2016, when Watt missed the year and the D still finished #1.

For what little it's probably worth, I think Watt played better in those three games in 2016 than the four in 2017. Not defending Vrabel either here. If you look at my post history in this thread, I put the Titans last in the AFC South because of their coaching transition.

I think the Bouye departure and injured secondary were huge reasons for the Texans defensive plunge.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

For what little it's probably worth, I think Watt played better in those three games in 2016 than the four in 2017. Not defending Vrabel either here, if you look at my post history in this thread I put the Titans last in the AFC South because of their coaching transition.

I actually liked 2017 Watt better - both looked really out of place, but at least Watt had that Goldberg-like spear on that poor Cincy OL at the end of the TNF game week 2. 

That's the extent of his highlight reel over the past two seasons. 

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I actually liked 2017 Watt better - both looked really out of place, but at least Watt had that Goldberg-like spear on that poor Cincy OL at the end of the TNF game week 2. 

That's the extent of his highlight reel over the past two seasons. 

I know what it is! Brian Cushing.

(Must've stopped taking PED's in 2017.)

21 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

No longer the worst division in football..quickly becoming one of the strongest tbh. I hope we can just see Mariota and Watson healthy for a full season this year. Let the better team win. 

Chill.

Archived