2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

4 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

Every year Chargers are talked up and every year they fail to deliver. They had the chance this season due to an average division but blew it again @ Chiefs near end of season. Same thing will happen again next season.

If the Chargers had a competent kicker they would have been in the playoffs. Also if anything the division is weaker this year then it was last year. 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:25 PM, candyman93 said:

I feel like the Bengals are going to boom or crash and burn. They won’t be middle of the road this year.

Just depends on the offensive line. Last year was probably the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen. Hopefully adding Cordy Glenn and Billy Price was enough. 

AFC East:
1. New England Patriots 12-4 #3
2. Miami Dolphins 5-11
3. Buffalo Bills 4-12
4. New York Jets 4-12

AFC North:
1. Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4 #2
2. Cleveland Browns 5-11
3. Cincinnati Bengals 3-13 
4. Baltimore Ravens 2-14

AFC South:
1. Tennessee Titans 10-6 #4
2. Houston Texans 9-7 #6
3. Jacksonville Jaguars 9-7
4. Indianapolis Colts 8-8 

AFC West:
1. Los Angeles Chargers 13-3 #1
2. Kansas City Chiefs 10-6 #5
3. Oakland Raiders 8-8
4. Denver Broncos 8-8

NFC East:
1. New York Giants 10-6 #4
2. Dallas Cowboys 10-6
3. Philadelphia Eagles 9-7 
4. Washington Redskins 6-10

NFC North:
1. Green Bay Packers 14-2 #2
2. Minnesota Vikings 11-5 #5
3. Chicago Bears 5-11
4. Detroit Lions 4-12

NFC South:
1. New Orleans Saints 12-4 #3
2. Carolina Panthers 9-7
3. Atlanta Falcons 8-8
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  7-9

NFC West:
1. Los Angeles Rams 14-2 #1
2. San Francisco 49ers 11-5 #6
3. Seattle Seahawks 3-13
4. Arizona Cardinals 1-15

Most Valuable Player: Drew Brees 

Offensive Player of the Year: Drew Brees

Defensive Player of the Year: Joey Bosa

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Sasqoun Barkley

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Derwin James

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers

Coach of the Year: Sean Payton

AFC Championship Game: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Los Angeles Chargers 

NFC Championship Game: New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams

Super Bowl: Pittsburgh Steelers vs New Orleans Saints

Super Bowl Champs: New Orleans Saints

Super Bowl MVP: Alvin Kamara 

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/CustomLeague/SchedulePicker/d0b6b7be-6b31-49cc-8199-16c473d3ca2e/?L=EzCMdTylNqGPBCdkldNdNZ9WTDFBYw3FQg+eJMGi1Y9HemZd0-LE1ltxEXb0yHGEUpdYQA&c=cgm:1|tnptlw:true

I couldn't care less that people are predicting the Titans to have a bad season. Not out of the realm of possibility at all. But being worse than the Colts? That'd be tough to manage.

Luck hasn't even thrown a football yet, they're gonna be banking on two rookies to save their offensive line, their starting running back is..Marlon Mack? I think? they did nothing to improve the WR corp around T.Y. Hilton unless you count signing Ryan Grant who has just as many seasons below 100 yards as he does above it(2), Jabaal Sheard is the only front 7 player they have worth fearing(Woods is a decent player, but outside of him and Sheard it's pretty bad), and while Hooker looked solid in his play last year and should be able to return to form after his injury, he's about all they've got in the secondary after letting Melvin go.

The Colts are a serious contender for the #1 overall pick if Luck doesn't miraculously return to 2016 form.

If the Titans have a bad season I won't be super shocked.

If they have a worse season than the Colts I'd be blown away.

On 4/30/2018 at 8:04 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

Someone got South divisions mixed up....

In a way I guess, yes I did. But I can't even blame it on that. I wish that I could but I can't to be honest with ya lol.

It was just late, I felt rushed, sort of mixed myself up because I had a few different prospects in mind that I believe could be legit contenders and 2 of which were the south divisions (Lattimore and Ej—hence going out on a limb) and I wanted to post my alternative pick as well, like I did with some others, but again just confused myself I guess.

On 4/30/2018 at 5:26 PM, Danger said:

Have you ever watched SaQuon or do you just not like when a running back is taken early?

Barkley is a serious threat in all phases of the game. Running, Passing, Returning. Hell he's even thrown a Touchdown pass. Trent Richardson is stiff and relatively slow, Barkley is nothing like that. I get it if you want to say he has a "Meh" rookie season, but comparing him to Richardson is just flat out incorrect.

Everything that you just said about Saquon was also said about Richardson, Reggie, Kijana(sp?) and about a half-dozen other RB's over the last 15-20 years(Penn state RB's seem to be a trend here...). It seems like every few years we hear about how X RB who is supposed to take over the world and become the next LT only to fall on their faces faster than they were hyped.

Maaan listen, I have spent enough time over the last 6 months or so going back and forth with Saquon fans about him on other outlets that it has become tiresome at this point. So tiresome that I am no longer willing to spend any more time on it after this (and honestly, I am only doing this much because I don't use this particular platform for draft/college talk). All I will say to you and all of his fans from this moment on is, watch and see. If I'm wrong......I will gladly eat that. But I also expect the same energy from those who have been advocating for months now about "how special he is" if/when he falls. 

No, I'm not a big fan of taking a RB early but I also don't think that I am as fixated on that particular aspect as many others seem to be. However that is not the only reason for my opinion on him. I'm all for taking a RB early, but only IF said player actually looks the part of a TRUE special back (not one who is only manufactured as such by the media) and more importantly, fits the offensive scheme. Saquon checks off on the scheme part. He is a perfect fit for Shurmar/Shula's offense. In fact, there isn't a better team in the league for him imo(see Payton/Bush) and so I can see and understand why the Giants took him as early as they did, and that alone is a plus for him in my book.

That said, he is not a special player and is nowhere near worthy of a #2 pick, IMO. Which brings me to the Trent Richardson comparison. @Danger , please don't be like most others who try to pretend now as if you were in the minority and saw Richardson being a bust all along using hindsight like I have seen SO MANY others do since then. Or pulling the "I thought he would OK but not great" card as a scapegoat-slash-"I was only partly wrong". 99% of the nation had him billed as a "generational, do-it-all player" - so again please don't pretned now as if you were in the 1%. I'm not trying to call you out here man but there were very, VERY few that saw him as a bust at the time and judging by your "Richardson was stiff" comment (which is wrong) leads me to believe that you're now trying to say that you were, in fact, part of that very small group of individuals. 

Anyways, onto the comparison. I was big on Richardson UNTIL he missed the first pro day due to "injury" and that was an immediate red flag to me because there was obviously something about his him that he was trying to avoid showing (which he inadvertently did so later on) but he knew that the hype surrounding him was enough to patch over this and not affect his draft status at the time. So in the end, it worked out for him in that aspect.

Up to that point though, I was all-in on him because he had the two things that I always look at in the highest regards when it comes to running-backs; his ability to take on first contact at the LOS through the middle gaps(where most run plays are designed to go) and his ability to improvise on those runs when the initial first read hole closes up before he could reach it (this tells me whether or not he is simply just a beneficiary of good play-calling and good OL play).

Saquon does not have this. He benefited a lot from his OL and play-calling where defenses had to respect and adapt to Sorley's(intentional SP?) first-run mentality. He goes down on first contact through the gaps and does not improvise well at all against defenses who are good at containing the edges(see the OS game for a great example) which severely limits his ability as a RB. When he sees that the first hole is closed up. He immediately looks to take it the outside but when he sees the pre-snap freezes. 

His 3 mainstays (but is not necessarily limited to) are on the outside, in the open-field and his ability at the 2nd level where he can use his shiftiness to make players miss. But none of these things are going fix two of his major issues that he is going to face at the NFL level and especially not with the OL that the Giants have right now.

IMO, Saquon's versatility and explosiveness as a RUNNER(not a RB) could be a very good situational back in ANY offense that takes the RB by committee approach but he is not a good fit to be a workhorse as an every down back. He is the hindsight version of Reggie Bush.

Remember what I said above about the Giants offensive scheme being a good fit for him.........just watch and see. Go back and watch and really pay attention to Shurmar's play calling before rookie RB Cook got injured and then compare that to the remainder of the season without him and you will see what.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, renndawg37 said:

I love how underestimated the Titans are honestly, keep it up folks

They're going to keep on being under-estimated after week 1 :P

On 4/29/2018 at 6:47 PM, minutemancl said:

There is going to be an insane competition for CPOY this year. Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, OBJ, Carson Wentz...

You're forgetting Ryan "White Lightning" Tannehill (and maybe Andrew Luck) may well push for that award. No respect!

Current odds to win Super Bowl

New England Patriots 6/1

Los Angeles Rams 10/1

Minnesota Vikings 10/1

Philadelphia Eagles 10/1

Green Bay Packers 12/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1

San Francisco 49ers 14/1

Houston Texans 16/1

Atlanta Falcons  20/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 20/1

Los Angeles Chargers 20/1