2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

On 4/29/2018 at 5:20 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Oops.  I meant to say Chargers vs. Rams.  LAC vs. LAR

The Lombardi is going to the City of Angels this year, one way or another.  :)

Which would be a giant waste cause LA fans don't exist. Eagles took over that city twice last year. 

On 5/13/2018 at 12:39 PM, minutemancl said:

Just some relevant history for the NFC East...

2011: 1st place- NYG, last place- WAS

2012: 1st place- WAS, last place- PHL

2013: 1st place- PHL, last place- WAS

2014: 1st place- DAL, last place- WAS

2015: 1st place- WAS, last place- DAL

2016: 1st place- DAL, last place- PHL

2017: 1st place- PHL, last place- NYG

Jumping from last to first place in one year is commonplace. It is an extremely volatile division. 

maybe if your gm wasn't a moron that actually took a RB at #2 when his qb was old hot garbage people would take this seriously.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, minutemancl said:

The Giants could be the 2nd best in the division, but no one in the nfc east is touching the Eagles this year. I expect their offense to be figured out a bit with a full year of solid tape and a target on their backs, but their depth and coaching is too good.

Our head coach literally takes plays he find from anywhere there is nothing to figure out in our offense because it constantly is changing. 

The eagles offensive strategy is humility our head coach doesn't think he's some sort of guru he just absorbs any and everything he can to win games. 

Everyone who says taking a runningback early in the draft is never ok are about 3-4 years late to that bandwagon.

Fournette, Gurley, and Elliot have proven that you can get great value by doing so.

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

Everyone who says taking a runningback early in the draft is never ok are about 3-4 years late to that bandwagon.

Fournette, Gurley, and Elliot have proven that you can get great value by doing so.

How so?

21 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

How so?

They're franchise running backs. I think it's a little early to make the call on Fournette but I think Elliott and Gurley II can clearly be good 1,000-yard backs in the NFL, which merits, to me at least, a first-round draft selection. Many first round picks are busts - getting a reliable RB there who can carry the rock for 1,000+ a year and receive a couple hundred yards is definitely worth a high draft pick. And Danger said you "can get great value." That's true - you can. You won't always, but that's true of any position so what is there to criticize of that statement? Gurley and Elliott are franchise running backs who can carry their teams, and that's great value for any draft pick in a draft where 1/2 to 3/4 of the picks don't work out, even early in Round 1.

3 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

They're franchise running backs. I think it's a little early to make the call on Fournette but I think Elliott and Gurley II can clearly be good 1,000-yard backs in the NFL, which merits, to me at least, a first-round draft selection. Many first round picks are busts - getting a reliable RB there who can carry the rock for 1,000+ a year and receive a couple hundred yards is definitely worth a high draft pick. And Danger said you "can get great value." That's true - you can. You won't always, but that's true of any position so what is there to criticize of that statement? Gurley and Elliott are franchise running backs who can carry their teams, and that's great value for any draft pick in a draft where 1/2 to 3/4 of the picks don't work out, even early in Round 1.

There are plenty of first round RBs that were busts as well.  Regardless, great value does not mean avoiding busts IMO, because that's a toss up no matter what position we're talking about.  Great value, at least to me, means you have a player that would normally be making, for example, top 10 money at their position, but you got them on a rookie contract and they are making peanuts instead.  For those RBs you named, they are already making top 10 money at their position.  I hardly consider that great value.  This is something I pointed out in a much longer post back when I thought the Redskins were going to draft Guice in the 1st:

On 4/29/2018 at 4:03 AM, Shylo3716 said:

AFC East:
1. Patriots*
2. Dolphins
3. Jets
4. Bills

AFC North:
1. Bengals*
2. Browns
3. Steelers
4. Ravens

AFC South:
1. Texans*
2. Jaguars*
3. Colts
4. Titans

AFC West:
1. Raiders*
2. Chargers*
3. Broncos
4. Chiefs

NFC East:
1. Cowboys*
2. Eagles*
3. Redskins
4. Giants

NFC North:
1. Vikings*
2. Packers
3. Bears
4. Lions

NFC South:
1. Saints*
2. Panthers*
3. Falcons
4. Buccaneers

NFC West:
1. Seahawks*
2. Rams
3. Niners
4. Cardinals

Most Valuable Player: Russell Wilson

Offensive Player of the Year: Kirk Cousins

Defensive Player of the Year: Luke Kuechley

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Rashaad Penny

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Maurice Hurst

Comeback Player of the Year: Deshaun Watson

Coach of the Year: Jon Gruden

AFC Championship Game: Patriots/Raiders

NFC Championship Game: Vikings/Saints

Super Bowl: Patriots/Vikings

Super Bowl Champs: Patriots

Super Bowl MVP: Tom Brady

1st Overall Pick: Bills

Update

12 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Is there an oldest team award?

The majority are 29, not 34 like some will assume. However how many will actually make the team? Jordy Nelson (Starting outside WR), Michael Gilchrist (Backup S), Doug Martin (RB 2/3), Tank Carradine (backup DE), Kyle Wildber (29) STer, Derrick Johnson (starting MLB), and maybe one of Rucker or Rubin. 

Really not all that bad tbh. Most guys we brought in have played with with our HC, DC, OC or ST coaches before, so it's about familiarity. Some guys we signed this FA have already been cut (Josh Johnson, Armony Bryant, Sequenz Golson, etc).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm too lazy to do every team. 

AFC
New England 13-3            Green Bay 12-4
Pittsburgh 11-5                 Dallas 12-4
Tennessee 11-5                Tampa Bay 11-5
Oakland 10-6                     Los Angeles 10-6
Jacksonville 9-7                 Philadelphia 11-5
Denver 9-7                           Minnesota 10-6

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOTY: Zeke Elliott 
DPOTY: JJ Watt