2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

13 minutes ago, Danger said:
29 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

L-O-L

The national media has just pounded Miami into oblivion this offseason. Can't wait for September.

They'll probably be closer to the 1st pick than the 32nd.

I agree. I like @cddolphin but at this point I'd say Miami is a bottom 10 team this year

AFC East:
1. Patriots (10-6)
2. Bills (9-7)
3. Jets (7-9)
4. Dolphins (4-12)

AFC North:
1. Steelers (13-3)
2. Bengals (12-4) - wildcard playoff team
3. Ravens (7-9)
4. Browns (6-10)

AFC South:
1. Texans (10-6)
2. Titans (9-7) - wildcard playoff team
3. Jaguars (8-8)
4. Colts (4-12)

AFC West:
1. Raiders (11-5)
2. Chargers (8-8)
3. Broncos (5-11)
4. Chiefs (3-13)

NFC East:
1. Redskins (11-5)
2. Cowboys (11-5) - wildcard playoff team
3. Eagles (10-6) - wildcard playoff team
4. Giants (4-12)

NFC North:
1. Packers (14-2)
2. Lions (9-7)
3. Vikings (7-9)
4. Bears (6-10)

NFC South:
1. Buccaneers (11-5)
2. Falcons (7-9)
3. Panthers (6-10)
4. Saints (6-10)

NFC West:
1. Rams (13-3)
2. Seahawks (8-8)
3. 49ers (5-11)
4. Cardinals (3-13)

NFL Regular Season Awards

• Most Valuable Player:  Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
  • Offensive Player of the Year:  Deshaun Watson (Texans)
  • Defensive Player of the Year: Myles Garrett (Browns)
  • Offensive Rookie of the Year: Rashaad Penny (Seahawks)
  • Defensive Rookie of the Year: Arden Key (Raiders)
  • Comeback Player of the Year: Deshaun Watson (Texans)
  • Coach of the Year:  Jon Gruden (Raiders)

AFC Playoffs

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3)
  2. Oakland Raiders (11-5)
  3. Houston Texans (10-6)
  4. New England Patriots (10-6)
  5. Cincinnati Bengals (12-4)
  6. Tennessee Titans (9-7)

NFC Playoffs

1. Green Bay Packers (14-2)
  2. Los Angeles Rams (13-3)
  3. Washington Redskins (11-5)
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
  5. Dallas Cowboys (11-5)
  6. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)

Wildcard Round

• #3 Houston Texans def. #6 Tennessee Titans
  • #5 Cincinnati Bengals def. #4 New England Patriots
  • #6 Philadelphia Eagles def. #3 Washington Redskins
  • #5 Dallas Cowboys def. #4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Divisional Round

• #1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #5 Cincinnati Bengals
  • #3 Houston Texans def. #2 Oakland Raiders
  • #1 Green Bay Packers def. #6 Philadelphia Eagles
  • #2 Los Angeles Rams def. #5 Dallas Cowboys

AFC Championship Game: #1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #3 Houston Texans

NFC Championship Game: #2 Los Angeles Rams def. #1 Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl 53: #1 Pittsburgh Steelers def. #2 Los Angeles Rams

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The national media won't be the only ones pounding Miami into oblivion this season.

I don't see how Miami could be considered worse than Buffalo or the Jets. Think they're gonna be average or bad? Sure. Bottom 3? Seems like a harsh prediction for a team that won 6 without their QB.

Which units on the team concern y'all the most? Or is this a Tannehill thing.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I don't see how Miami could be considered worse than Buffalo or the Jets. Think they're gonna be average or bad? Sure. Bottom 3? Seems like a harsh prediction for a team that won 6 without their QB.

No one ever has a reasoning lol. They just copy the media and roll with whatever someone else spews. 

The DL without Suh concerns me the most. I dont think we'll be a bottom run D but we'll fall off some. Otherwise than that I'm cool. I'm honestly not too worried about any unit on defense except DT. Good depth at DE, LB depends on Rae's development which according to reports hes exceeding expectations, and I feel that we have a top 10 secondary if everyone is healthy.

The offense goes as Tannehill goes. The additions of Dowell Loggains as the OC and Eric Studesville as the RB coach is overlooked. Loggains has a knack for spreading the ball around which is exactly what Gase wanted to do but a certain receiver demanded 15 targets a game.Tunsil needs to get out of whatever funk he's in and DeVante finally looks to be healthy.

1 hour ago, Ajayii said:

No one ever has a reasoning lol. They just copy the media and roll with whatever someone else spews. 

They just don't look like a very talented team when it's all said and done.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

They just don't look like a very talented team when it's all said and done.

Patriots are the least talented team in the the division yet they dominate annually. Find another excuse.

6 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Tannehill is okay. He's not worth that contract, but then most QBs aren't worth theirs either. I don't expect the RBs or WRs to help him that much either. 

I think Adam Gase is a glorified Offensive Coordinator who will show he's over his head. 

I think Miami has some good young talent, but New England is still New England and I expect the Jets and Bills to be tough, but not particularly good. Add in the NFCN and an improved AFCS, and I don't expect much from Miami this year.

1 hour ago, Ajayii said:

Patriots are the least talented team in the the division yet they dominate annually. Find another excuse.

Tom Brady makes all else invalid. When you have the GOAT you can throw everything else out. I don't know why you're being so defensive about someone elses opinion dude.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tom Brady makes all else invalid. When you have the GOAT you can throw everything else out. I don't know why you're being so defensive about someone elses opinion dude.

So its Brady and not the system they run? Or the fact that Belichick is a top-tier coach correct?

I'm a fan of a team that showed that they're at least a top 20 team with a commentator at the helm and a slew of injuries yet said team is being labeled as one of the worst teams in the league after getting their QB back, improving their OL, and having a good draft with the only major loss being a great DT. How would you feel?

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Well to counter, which units do you feel are particularly above average? 

Not QB. Not head coach. Definitely not OL. Not LB yet. Secondary if things work out. DL, no. 

I have the Dolphins as second in the division, but it’s not like they’re being slept on right now. You have a below average QB playing behind a bad offensive line with limited weapons and a defense that has some potential but hasn’t played well. They’re banking on young players uplifting the whole thing, which is possible, but not something I’m betting on for 2018.

AFC East:
1. Patriots
2. Dolphins
3. Jets
4. Bills

AFC North:
1. Browns
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Bengals

AFC South:
1. Titans
2. Texans (Wildcard)
3. Colts
4. Jaguars

AFC West:
1. Raiders
2. Chiefs (Wildcard)
3. Broncos
4. Chargers

NFC East:
1. Giants
2. Eagles (Wildcard)
3. Redskins
4. Cowboys 

NFC North:
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

NFC South:
1. Panthers
2. Falcons (wildcard) 
3. Saints 
4. Bucs

NFC West:
1. 49ers
2. Rams
3. Cardinals
4. Seahawks 

Most Valuable Player:  Derek Carr (Raiders)

Offensive Player of the Year: Odell Beckham (Giants)

Defensive Player of the Year: Deforest Buckner (49ers)

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Anthony Miller (Bears) 

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jaire Alexander (Packers)

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)

Coach of the Year:  Pat Shurmur (Giants)

AFC Championship Game:  Titans vs Raiders

NFC Championship Game: Panthers vs Falcons

Super Bowl: Panthers vs Titans

Super Bowl Champs: Carolina Panthers

Super Bowl MVP:  Cam Newton

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Well to counter, which units do you feel are particularly above average? 

Not QB. Not head coach. Definitely not OL. Not LB yet. Secondary if things work out. DL, no. 

I have the Dolphins as second in the division, but it’s not like they’re being slept on right now. You have a below average QB playing behind a bad offensive line with limited weapons and a defense that has some potential but hasn’t played well. They’re banking on young players uplifting the whole thing, which is possible, but not something I’m betting on for 2018.

You'd be surprised how Tannehill's stats compare to some QBs who are perceived to be better than him.  I'm not saying hes the best, elite, great, etc. but to disregard the season he was having and how well the team was performing before he got injured to then label him below average is quite foolish on your part. I'm not even saying that the team will perform like that again but I would bet on this team being similar to 2016, over .500, way before I would 2017, 6-10.

Bad offensive line and limited weapons? I can understand not liking the talent like SteelKing, but the masses share the same ignorance you have which is why I see red whenever I see a 3-13 or 5-11 prediction. Check out Bill Barnwell's breakdown of our offense and you'll see what I mean. We can disagree but at least have a legit reason(s) why backed up with facts.

Archived