2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

AFC East:
1. Buffalo 
2. Miami
3. New England 
4. New York

AFC North:
1. Baltimore
2. Cincinnati 
3. Pittsburgh 
4. Cleveland 

AFC South:
1. Jacksonville 
2. Tennessee 
3. Indianapolis 
4. Houston

AFC West:
1. Oakland 
2. Denver
3. L.A.
4. Kansas City

NFC East:
1. Philadelphia 
2. Washington 
3. Dallas 
4. New York

NFC North:
1. Green Bay 
2. Minnesota 
3. Chicago 
4. Detroit

NFC South:
1. Tampa Bay
2. Atlanta 
3. Carolina
4. New Orleans 

NFC West:
1. L.A.
2. Arizona 
3. San Francisco 
4. Seattle 

Most Valuable Player: Alex Smith

Offensive Player of the Year: Jay Ajayi

Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Royce Freeman

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Maurice Hurst

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers 

Coach of the Year: John Harbaugh

AFC Championship Game: Denver at Baltimore 

NFC Championship Game: Arizona at Philadelphia 

Super Bowl: Denver vs. Philadelphia 

Super Bowl Champs: Denver

Super Bowl MVP: Von Miller

#1 Overall Pick?

51 minutes ago, Shylo3716 said:

#1 Overall Pick?

Ive got the Giants for now. Some of the rankings might change (ie healthy Watson has the Texans in playoff contention over Tennessee). 

But I think the Giants are gonna tank and find a QB unless Lauletta shows up well. If he does, Cleveland. I have no faith in that team either.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Yeah, they're not a great team. Not horrible, but I don't see any reason they should be substantially better this year especially when the Texans are poised to make great leaps this year.

I mean, I don't think anybody even argued that they'd be substantially better, just that it's a little bold to predict that a team that went 9-7 and won a playoff game is going to plummet to one of the worst teams in football after adding a third starting cornerback and a pair of first-round talents at linebacker on defense (which were the three biggest holes on the roster coming into this offseason) and replacing legitimately the worst offensive coordinator in football with a guy that has drawn praise and has worked with two of the truly best offensive minds the game has to offer.

I'm fine with people thinking we'll hover around .500 again this year. I'm cautiously optimistic that improved talent on defense and giving Mariota an actual, NFL caliber offensive coordinator to work with rather than a 70 year old wide receivers coach that hadn't ran a competent offense in 30 years will prevent the offense from being the trainwreck it was in 2017. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to be 8-8. If the Texans are better and Luck ever plays football again, certainly it could happen.

Tied for the fifth worst record in the NFL at 4-12 with the second easiest schedule (on paper) in the league? That'd be a massive disappointment no matter how much you think DeShaun Watson is going to come back and be the exact same player he was before a second ACL tear and with NFL coaches now having six games of tape of him. Unless we're just straight up predicting a significant injury for Mariota early in the season. Then yeah, 4-12 is fair.

7 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

I love how underestimated the Titans are honestly, keep it up folks 

I predicted Tennessee to win the Superbowl last year. They take a major step back in my predictions this year.

Weird, because they had a good offseason so far. 

To those picking Roquan Smith to win DRoY.......you guys do know that he is playing ILB right? These type of awards are restricted almost exclusively for pass rushers and corners these days. Simply because the media is enamoured by pretty stat lines and it would take a monstrous year by a player and a down year by the aforementioned to change this.

Anyways, here my predictions that I posted a couple of days ago.

Most Valuable Player: Aaron Rodgers 

Things are lined up for the Packers' offense to once again regain the title as the best in the league and it all starts with Rodgers. Not only did they get rid of former OC Bennett (who may not have been calling plays but I have saying for years that he was also responsible for their failures on offense) but for the first time in his career, Rodgers enters the season with not only targets on the outside but a very good backfield (Jones/Williams) and a very solid, reliable TE in Graham.

Last season Jones/Williams hit their strides after Rodgers' injury and still succeeded even with Hundley under center and for those who are not familiar with Jones, don't let the numbers fool you. This kid was playing lights out before his injury and was also pulled in favor of Williams (unnecessarily) at times (staff--I'm looking at you). With Rodgers back and barring injury, this has became a true "pick your poison" offense and one that Rodgers has proven to feed off of in the past(see Ryan Grant/Starks but better and more versatile). 

As far as Graham, I know that alot of people may look at his age(31) and consider him past his prime. But consider this, over the last few years Rodgers has relied so heavily on his outside targets in the red-zone, which tips off defenses, because he has not had that MOF target that he can rely on to create space at a reasonable amount 

While there are(or were) still question marks at WR and the depth, GB addressed this in the draft by selecting 3 WR's in mid-rounds and I don't care how you feel about them individually because if there is one team in the league that you absolutely cannot question when it comes to developing WR's, it's Green Bay. 

Offensive Player of the Year: Kareem Hunt

I may be in the minority here with this pick but last season was not a fluke and now with the offense being put into the hands of Mahomes, who is still virtually a rookie, with a the defense that likely to further regress, I think Reid is going to rely on Hunt alot more this season in both the run and pass game and he has not given me a reason to believe that he is going to disappoint anyone. 

I almost picked Antonio Brown here because I think the Steelers are going to be relying on him alot more than usual and we all know how much of a beats he is. I say this for few reasons.

I don't think the defense is going to be better as a whole as it was last season, and that in turn is going to cause the offense to be on the field alot more as well. Now usually they could rely on Bell and Brown in these situations, but they ran Bell into the ground last season and so he is coming off of a season where he saw 400+ touches and there is a strong regression trend in RB's that see ~380 touches a season. Which leads me to believe that the Steelers offense is going to be passing the ball alot more, and while I like Juju, we all know who Ben is going to trust the most in key situations.  

Defensive Player of the Year: Von Miller

At this point, I think it goes without saying that Miller is one of the best defensive players in the league. What people may or not realize is that he was second in the league last season with 53 total pass pressures behind only (DAL) Lawrence's 55 and people also tend to forget that he was just one (or two?) vote(s) away from being the declared DPoY in 2016. You combine this with having newly drafted OLB Chubb and that is a recipe for success for Miller.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: QB Baker Mayfield

I really don't even like my own pick on this to be perfectly honest. This pick usually goes to QB's or RB's and I wasn't really high on either of these positions heading into the draft. I didn't like the RB class this year. Although, like many, I was obviously interested in one (I'm sorry Saquan but you are a one-trick pony playing in a passing league and you are certainly not a David Johnson---more like Trent Richardson). Heading into the draft, talent wise, Mayfield was the only QB taken that I felt has a chance to be an immediate legit starter out right the gate and the only one I felt could be an elite stater from day one. BUT, I also did not like his strong personality going to Cleveland and having him matched along side an control freak like OC Haley either. Not too mention the fact that Cleveland doesn't exactly have the best reputation in terms of development either (I truly mean no disrespect to any Browns here, I'm just looking at for what it is). 

Nonetheless, while I am a little torn for reasons outside of his ability, I still have to believe in his talent as a player. And for as long as the Browns have been considered a poorly run team, all it would take is for just little bit of a spark of optimism to catch the media's attention and I think Mayfield could do that and more. 

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Duke Ejiofor

Running out of time, so I'll keep this one short as I can. I'm gonna go out on limb here based on three things; individual talent as a pass rusher, the defensive structure, and the lack of projected QB's in the AFC south division (Bortles' 2017 season is not sustainable and I'm not counting on Luck at this point either). These three things alone put him in a great position to feed off of.  

Yes, I believe that Watt is done and I am not expecting him to finish out the season and, in turn, would not be a bit surprised to see Ejiofor getting the majority of his snaps and playing lights out with that front-7 and opposite of Clowney. I get the reasons as to why he fell in the draft but I don't understand how teams seems place this over his ability. 

Marcus Davenport is also in a very good position with that secondary containing pass game and playing opposite of Jordan.  

Comeback Player of the Year: QB Aaron Rodgers

At this point, if I'm expecting him to be MVP after missing 11 games last season due to injury, is there any better answer?

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Marcus Davenport

Running out of time, so I'll keep this one short as I can. I'm gonna go out on limb here based on three things; individual talent as a pass rusher, the defensive structure, and the lack of projected QB's in the AFC south division (Bortles' 2017 season is not sustainable and I'm not counting on Luck at this point either). These three things alone put him in a great position to feed off of.  

I'm so confused what Blake Bortles has to do with Marcus Davenport's chance at DROY...they dont even play in the same division. 

AFC East:
1. New England 12-4
2. Miami 5-11
3. Buffalo 4-12
4. NY Jets 2-14

AFC North:
1. Pittsburgh 10-6
2. Cincinnati 7-9
3. Baltimore 7-9
4. Cleveland 4-12

AFC South:
1. Houston 11-5
2. Jacksonville 8-8
3. Tennessee 7-9
4. Indianapolis 5-11

AFC West:
1. LA Chargers 11-5
2. Oakland 10-6
3. Kansas City 10-6

4. Denver 4-12

NFC East:
1. Philly 13-3
2. Dallas 10-6

3. NY Giants 7-9
4. Washington 6-10

NFC North:
1. Green Bay 11-5
2. Minnesota 10-6

3. Chicago 8-8
4. Detroit 6-10

NFC South:
1. Carolina 11-5
2. New Orleans 9-7
3. Tampa Bay 8-8
4. Atlanta 6-10

NFC West:
1. LA Rams 12-4
2. San Francisco 8-8
3. Seattle 7-9
4. Arizona 5-11

Most Valuable Player: Carson Wentz

Offensive Player of the Year: Ezekiel Elliott

Defensive Player of the Year: Joey Bosa

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Bradley Chubb

Comeback Player of the Year: Deshaun Watson

Coach of the Year: Bill O'Brien

AFC Championship Game: Texans over Patriots

NFC Championship Game: Eagles over Vikings

Super Bowl: Eagles over Texans

Super Bowl Champs: Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl MVP: Carson Wentz

AFC East:
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Bills
4. Dolphins

AFC North:
1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Ravens
4. Browns

AFC South:
1. Colts
2. Jaguars
3. Texans
4. Titans

AFC West:
1. Chargers
2. Chiefs 
3. Raiders
4. Broncos

NFC East:
1. Eagles
2. Redskins
3. Giants
4. Cowboys

NFC North:
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

NFC South:
1. Panthers
2. Falcons
3. Saints
4. Bucaneers

NFC West:
1. Rams
2. 49ers
3. Seahawks
4. Cardinals 

Most Valuable Player: Philip Rivers

Offensive Player of the Year: Melvin Gordon

Comeback Player of the Year: JJ Watt

Coach of the Year: Anthony Lynn

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Chargers

NFC Championship Game: Packers vs Rams

Super Bowl: Rams vs Chargers

Super Bowl Champs: Rams

Super Bowl MVP: Aaron Donald

30 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

AFC East:
1. Patriots
2. Jets
3. Bills
4. Dolphins

AFC North:
1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Ravens
4. Browns

AFC South:
1. Colts
2. Jaguars
3. Texans
4. Titans

AFC West:
1. Chargers
2. Chiefs 
3. Raiders
4. Broncos

NFC East:
1. Eagles
2. Redskins
3. Giants
4. Cowboys

NFC North:
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

NFC South:
1. Panthers
2. Falcons
3. Saints
4. Bucaneers

NFC West:
1. Rams
2. 49ers
3. Seahawks
4. Cardinals 

Most Valuable Player: Philip Rivers

Offensive Player of the Year: Melvin Gordon

Comeback Player of the Year: JJ Watt

Coach of the Year: Anthony Lynn

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Chargers

NFC Championship Game: Packers vs Rams

Super Bowl: Rams vs Chargers

Super Bowl Champs: Rams

Super Bowl MVP: Aaron Donald

#1 Overall Pick?

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

(I'm sorry Saquan but you are a one-trick pony playing in a passing league and you are certainly not a David Johnson---more like Trent Richardson).

Have you ever watched SaQuon or do you just not like when a running back is taken early?

Barkley is a serious threat in all phases of the game. Running, Passing, Returning. Hell he's even thrown a Touchdown pass. Trent Richardson is stiff and relatively slow, Barkley is nothing like that. I get it if you want to say he has a "Meh" rookie season, but comparing him to Richardson is just flat out incorrect.

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

Have you ever watched SaQuon or do you just not like when a running back is taken early?

Barkley is a serious threat in all phases of the game. Running, Passing, Returning. Hell he's even thrown a Touchdown pass. Trent Richardson is stiff and relatively slow, Barkley is nothing like that. I get it if you want to say he has a "Meh" rookie season, but comparing him to Richardson is just flat out incorrect.

This.

Barkley being a modern day NFL RB is the only reason why Gettleman took him at two. If his skillset was like Fournette's, the Giants would have taking Chubb. 

Archived