2018-2019 NFL Season Predictions (Awards)

Shylo3716

On 5/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, DoleINGout said:

But Conklin will miss time, no? I make a big deal of that combined with Henry starting full time for the first time. I think the pass offense will be better, but I’m not convinced these guys can stay healthy after the starts to their career. The chemistry is tough to maintain over any games missed, particularly with a second year receiver. I do expect Mariota to improve overall with the new OC that has helped a few QB’s already. Defensively I see individual talent but not sure how Vrabel puts it together. Secondary is suspect to me and pass rush is unproven.

It's really up in the air with Conklin. We've all kind of assumed he'll miss the first month, but it's not impossible he's back Week 1. Opening weekend would be about eight months after the surgery. I'm not sure what combining that with Henry starting full time honestly means. Even if you're not a Derrick Henry guy (I'm a bit up in the air still), he's still certainly better than the corpse of DeMarco Murray that was trotted out there last season. Add in that they brought in Dion Lewis to take probably a third of the carries and obviously the vast majority of the passing game responsibilities, and it's a significant improvement over the 50/50 split of Murray and Henry.

I have my share of concerns over the receiving group, but it's not any worse than last year. If we're predicting injuries, then that can obviously kill the entire team, but giving Mariota and Corey Davis a full offseason of work, both individually and together, should help things. Especially since Marcus didn't practice at any point until training camp last year and Davis hurt his hamstring on literally the first day of camp and was never really the same until late in the regular season. I'm optimistic about the quality of offensive coaching benefitting the unit. Not even so much because I like LaFleur (granted, I really like LaFleur), but getting rid of Terry Robiskie was huge for the ceiling of the offense.

On paper, it's the best secondary the Titans have had in probably a decade. Three solid corners, one of which is still only 22 and only got better as the year went along, and an all-pro free safety. I don't think it's an elite unit by any means, but the Logan Ryan-Malcolm Butler-Adoree Jackson trio with Kevin Byard playing over the top could be a lot worse. As far as pass rush goes, Derrick Morgan and Brian Orakpo have combined for 34 sacks over the last two seasons.

That's not to say I think everyone should be predicting the Titans to win a Super Bowl, but man, seeing us picked to finish below one of the least talented teams in football after finishing above .500, winning a playoff game, and replacing a coaching staff that was almost universally mocked just seems a bit off.

15 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Well, congratulations on your opinion. Cookie?

I feel like the Patriots are gonna drop off. Whether its Brady, Gronk, losing guys, I just feel them slipping. Now, I think they could still wind up 10-6, but still in 3rd.

I really like the Bills and some of their moves. And they made the playoffs with TYROD TAYLOR. So yes, I can see a decent QB leading them to that next step.

Miami was 9pts from being 8-8. They had some ugly. They also had Jay Cutler as QB. Adding Wilson and Amendola will alleviate the sting of Landrys loss. So yes, I think they'll improve a bit. 

I don't necessarily think they are better than NE. Thats like saying the Lions were better than Green Bay last year. I just see them winding up with better overall records.  

Yes, please!

14 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It's really up in the air with Conklin. We've all kind of assumed he'll miss the first month, but it's not impossible he's back Week 1. Opening weekend would be about eight months after the surgery. I'm not sure what combining that with Henry starting full time honestly means. Even if you're not a Derrick Henry guy (I'm a bit up in the air still), he's still certainly better than the corpse of DeMarco Murray that was trotted out there last season. Add in that they brought in Dion Lewis to take probably a third of the carries and obviously the vast majority of the passing game responsibilities, and it's a significant improvement over the 50/50 split of Murray and Henry.

I have my share of concerns over the receiving group, but it's not any worse than last year. If we're predicting injuries, then that can obviously kill the entire team, but giving Mariota and Corey Davis a full offseason of work, both individually and together, should help things. Especially since Marcus didn't practice at any point until training camp last year and Davis hurt his hamstring on literally the first day of camp and was never really the same until late in the regular season. I'm optimistic about the quality of offensive coaching benefitting the unit. Not even so much because I like LaFleur (granted, I really like LaFleur), but getting rid of Terry Robiskie was huge for the ceiling of the offense.

On paper, it's the best secondary the Titans have had in probably a decade. Three solid corners, one of which is still only 22 and only got better as the year went along, and an all-pro free safety. I don't think it's an elite unit by any means, but the Logan Ryan-Malcolm Butler-Adoree Jackson trio with Kevin Byard playing over the top could be a lot worse. As far as pass rush goes, Derrick Morgan and Brian Orakpo have combined for 34 sacks over the last two seasons.

That's not to say I think everyone should be predicting the Titans to win a Super Bowl, but man, seeing us picked to finish below one of the least talented teams in football after finishing above .500, winning a playoff game, and replacing a coaching staff that was almost universally mocked just seems a bit off.

I like the same things about the Titans as you and initially I figured they would be one of the top 4 or 5 AFC teams. But I think looking at every other team the way they're constructed versus Tennessee with Mike Vrabel and a whole lot of guys assuming new roles, I decided to be conservative with my expectations and curbed them back to a similar record as the Colts.

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Well, congratulations on your opinion. Cookie?

I feel like the Patriots are gonna drop off. Whether its Brady, Gronk, losing guys, I just feel them slipping. Now, I think they could still wind up 10-6, but still in 3rd.

I really like the Bills and some of their moves. And they made the playoffs with TYROD TAYLOR. So yes, I can see a decent QB leading them to that next step.

Miami was 9pts from being 8-8. They had some ugly. They also had Jay Cutler as QB. Adding Wilson and Amendola will alleviate the sting of Landrys loss. So yes, I think they'll improve a bit. 

I don't necessarily think they are better than NE. Thats like saying the Lions were better than Green Bay last year. I just see them winding up with better overall records.  

Shhh! You're being too rational. Nate Allen was our starting FS for half of the year,  our starting MLB was out for the year, lost our best run-stuffing DE for the last 6 games, without our #3 CB for the year, without two of our starting OL the second-half of the season, OL coach was on that stuff, QB done for the season. Let everyone believe what the media tells them and totally disregard that we had a guy that was supposed to be a retired commentator as our QB last year. Let them also disregard that Tannehill statistically had his best season in his first year under Adam Gase before he went down with a knee injury and the team went 10-6.

I think we finish around 9-7 barring Tannehill's knee. Finally some decent depth at OL, DE, and DB. Semi-youth movement on the team so a lot of the teams's success, or lack thereof, will be on the younger players. 

5 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Shhh! You're being too rational. Nate Allen was our starting FS for half of the year,  our starting MLB was out for the year, lost our best run-stuffing DE for the last 6 games, without our #3 CB for the year, without two of our starting OL the second-half of the season, OL coach was on that stuff, QB done for the season. Let everyone believe what the media tells them and totally disregard that we had a guy that was supposed to be a retired commentator as our QB last year. Let them also disregard that Tannehill statistically had his best season in his first year under Adam Gase before he went down with a knee injury and the team went 10-6.

I think we finish around 9-7 barring Tannehill's knee. Finally some decent depth at OL, DE, and DB. Semi-youth movement on the team so a lot of the teams's success, or lack thereof, will be on the younger players. 

I'd say 9-7 is probably in the right ball park. But 10-6 with a WC slot assuredly isn't out of the question. Someone saying the Dolphins are one of the worst teams in the league must only watch Patriots games. I had you guys at 9-7 last year, so making it to 8-8 with the injuries and everything else should be a testament to how objectively good you really are. I've never been a Cutler fan, but I can comfortably say that just a better QB last year would've had you at 10-6. A few of the other issues fixed, 11-5 or 12-4 probably wouldn't have been out of the question. Best of luck this time around eh?

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, renndawg37 said:

Back to back winning seasons and now we actually have a real offensive staff, a healthy quarterback and what should be an improved pass rush and secondary. Corey Davis is healthy and will actually have a training camp, DeMarco Murray won't be running into his own linemen any more and they won't be running screens and reverses to their third string tight ends. I can't see how they don't improve this year. To each their own though, that's why they play the game. 

Texans will finish with a better record than the titans.

On 4/29/2018 at 3:03 AM, Shylo3716 said:

AFC East:
1. New England 
2. Buffalo
3. NYJ
4. Miami

AFC North:
1. Pittsburgh
2. Cincy
3. Baltimore
4. Cleveland

AFC South:
1. Jacksonville 
2. Tennessee
3. Houston
4. Indy

AFC West:
1. KC
2. LAC
3. Oakland 
4. Denver

NFC East:
1. Philly
2. Dallas
3. NYG
4. Washington 

NFC North:
1. GB
2. Minny 
3. Detroit
4. Chicago

NFC South:
1. New Orleans
2. Carolina
3. Atlanta 
4. Tampa

NFC West:
1. LAR
2. Seattle 
3. San Fran 
4. Arizona

Most Valuable Player: Tom Brady

Offensive Player of the Year: Tom

Brady

Defensive Player of the Year: Donald

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Barkley

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Roquan Smith

Comeback Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers

Coach of the Year: Sean McVay

AFC Championship Game: Pittsburgh vs New England

NFC Championship Game: New Orleans vs LA Rams

Super Bowl: New England vs LA Rams

Super Bowl Champs: LA Rams

Super Bowl MVP: Jared Goff

Miami gets number 1 pick. 

On 07/05/2018 at 5:28 AM, titans0021 said:

I Add in that they brought in Dion Lewis to take probably a third of the carries and obviously the vast majority of the passing game responsibilities, and it's a significant improvement over the 50/50 split of Murray and Henry.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis considered more of a bellcow than that. He has a lot of the traits you look for in a number 1 ground RB. He was second highest rated RB in yards after contact, he put up good numbers between the tackles, and he gained the highest number of yards in the league when faced with defenders in his face after receiving the ball from QB (somehow, PFF were able to count that). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with him. His receiving game isn't great - he seems like a good receiving back because of how he's built, but lacks the core skills of a receiving back.

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i mean..not like we destroyed yall when Watson was fully healthy or anything.  Plus you guys hired Vrabel who has no HC experience. Titans will struggle this season.

Lol you guys are really gonna try and live off that forever aren't you? We also lost our QB for the 2nd half of that game...means jack squat 

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i mean..not like we destroyed yall when Watson was fully healthy or anything.  Plus you guys hired Vrabel who has no HC experience. Titans will struggle this season.

3 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Lol you guys are really gonna try and live off that forever aren't you? We also lost our QB for the 2nd half of that game...means jack squat 

It's just 2nd place guys...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

the same qb that was throwing picks left and right in that game?  *shrugs*

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

don't forget they hired Dean Pees for DC... lol

hope Vrabel has some say in defensive scheming

Archived