Bold Predictions Thread

SteelKing728

One of the top teams of the league next year hails from the NFC North...but it's the Lions. 

Redskins are thought to be the hottest team in league in September, starting off on a 4-1 against a handful of good teams. (they settle down after that but are a pain to play for many)

Giants quickly realized Eli's window closed (not bold at all), Saquon and co carry them to a 6-10 record though they franchise OBJ and trade him to move up to draft a QB.

Panthers get the #2 seed and get to the NFC championship game. It's locked up week 17 when they need a win for the bye and in doing so they keep the Saints out of the playoffs all together and the Packers also just miss out. Seeding (1-6) Eagles/Panthers/Lions/Rams/Falcons/Vikings

15 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

@SteelKing728 The Rams won’t make the playoffs??? Barring any massive injuries, I can’t see them missing the playoffs. They went (11-5) before adding the guys that they did. It’s not like they weren’t a playoff team then added these guys and looking to finally win the division and make the playoffs. They will make the playoffs. Now if you said they won’t win a playoff game then that’s a bold prediction. The prediction of them not making the playoffs is a bad prediction lol.

I also think Mixon will have a “Gordon type” second year. Gordon failed to live up to expectations in his rookie season but broke out in his second year. Mixon will do the same. He will definitely average over 3ypc. At least 4ypc for me. The Bengals made additions to the OL in the offseason by trading for Glenn then drafting Price. That’s going to benefit Mixon greatly.

a bad prediction? dude this is the bold predictions thread. It's bold to say they won't make the playoffs. lol

Josh Rosen ends up becoming the starter in Ariz by week four and they win out the rest of the season making the playoffs. 

Saquan Barkley struggles to find running room behind the Giants line and is unable to get into a rhythm. Eli continues to plays poorly. A frustrated OBJ lashes out at the media because he's not getting enough touches as the team ends up with a losing record. 

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

a bad prediction? dude this is the bold predictions thread. It's bold to say they won't make the playoffs. lol

I hear what you are saying but I guess I’m thinking using some logic. You are going crazy on me with the prediction lol. Like another thing you can look at is point differential. In 2016 the Raiders was the surprise team but they won a lot of close games. In 2017 they fall off because they lost a lot of close games. The Rams were blowing teams out in 2017. It’s just hard to envision the Rams not making the playoffs barring injuries. They added to an already (11-5) playoff team and they was the 2nd youngest team last season so there will be room for growth with another offseason to even get better. Like I know you say it’s bold but I guess I’m just thinking logically. I would never say the Vikings miss the playoffs just because it don’t add up. Even if I think the Packers will win the division like logically the Vikings still is good enough to make the playoffs. That’s all I’m saying lol.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I hear what you are saying but I guess I’m thinking using some logic. You are going crazy on me with the prediction lol. Like another thing you can look at is point differential. In 2016 the Raiders was the surprise team but they won a lot of close games. In 2017 they fall off because they lost a lot of close games. The Rams were blowing teams out in 2017. It’s just hard to envision the Rams not making the playoffs barring injuries. They added to an already (11-5) playoff team and they was the 2nd youngest team last season so there will be room for growth with another offseason to even get better. Like I know you say it’s bold but I guess I’m just thinking logically. I would never say the Vikings miss the playoffs just because it don’t add up. Even if I think the Packers will win the division like logically the Vikings still is good enough to make the playoffs. That’s all I’m saying lol.

I hear ya man. I had the Rams going like 10-6 or maybe 9-7 when I did my game by game predictions (found in a different thread. I posted the link). They had a strong offseason, and you have to imagine that the offense might be even better with Goff entering his 3rd year and McVay having a full season to work on some new things, plus the ridiculously awesome Free Agency period they had.

I'm not ripping on the Rams. I was shocked they missed the playoffs after I did my predictions. 

and for what it's worth, I expect the Rams to beat the Vikings this year. 

big d gets a single digit draft pick

philly has a better season by the eye test but doesn't win the super bowl

chicago has a realistic shot at a playoff berth 

pittsburgh wins the super bowl and finally gets over the patriots hump

brees has a better season on paper but the saints have about record, but go to the big game this time

rivers throws the chargers to the top of the AFCW while mahomes isn't a disappointment, but does have big struggles with the stacked defense in his division

tom brady is an mvp contender despite not having an mvp worthy season

jacksonville defense is worse statistically but better in practice 

the lions do mediocre things and remain in that 7 to 9 win range

the cardinals are the second best team in the NFCW

1. The Niners will win their division. 

2. The Vikings will reach the Super Bowl as a wild card team.

3. Aaron Rodgers will be insufferably annoying.

4. One of the Lions cheerleaders will fall into a hole in spacetime and land directly in my lap while I'm watching a game.

I think all of those predictions are pretty bold, except for the Aaron Rodgers bit.

Archived