Heimdallr

Evaluating & Projecting The Roster

1 hour ago, DisplacedViking said:

Ha, so I do, and that is at least one too many! Dang, I wish we were so deep at every position. I guess I would see if Aruna is ready for primetime or the PS. If he sticks, one of Johnson or Holmes to the PS, or cut Parry. Then if one of those dudes goes to the PS, I probably cut Horace. It's a good thing I don't do this for a living, probably be fired already!

I'd probably drop Bower before Aruna, Johnson or Holmes

18 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I'd probably drop Bower before Aruna, Johnson or Holmes

Really!? 

Aruna does nothing for me right now, while Bower actually looks like a promising rotational pass rusher. Aruna seems like a perfect PS candidate for 2018, who’ll take Robison’s roster spot in 2019. 

If they keep Parry, they'll likely keep 10 DL. Hard to imagine they release Robison, and unless they cut all but one of the young DEs (agree Bower is the most promising of them so far), that'll be 5 DEs. Hard to imagine Johnson and Holmes won't make the team, so Parry would be a 5th DT and 10th DL. I don't predict he makes it, but everyone loves NTs. 

If you want to keep 10 DL on that roster, lose a LB. They probably only keep 6 LBs, or even 5 for the first month given that Brothers will be suspended for 4 games. 

I think they'll keep a 6th WR. They need a backup and rotational option for Treadwell at X / split end. Wright and Coley play the same position as each other, they'll want at least one bigger backup WR.