2018 Draft Recap Thread

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The Seahawks didn't have a ton of talent to work with. Cable's always had to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shhh

Yes and no. He had Okung and they spent some early draft picks on the Oline. Carpenter comes to mind. 

I just didn't understand the fit. He's a zone guy primarily and this Oline is a group of maulers. We saw zone concepts fail them in 2017.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yes and no. He had Okung and they spent some early draft picks on the Oline. Carpenter comes to mind. 

I just didn't understand the fit. He's a zone guy primarily and this Oline is a group of maulers. We saw zone concepts fail them in 2017.

In agreement here. It's been posted before, the Seahawks drafted plenty of linemen in high and mid rounds. I will agree losing Unger hurt them. But Cable did not excel. I cringed at his hiring. Had no real problem with any hire other than him. 

16 hours ago, true2form said:

As long as we don't follow the way they did things it should be completely different.  Cable is not going to mold late round picks into good players, that's what they tried to do.  Seattle was fine until they traded Unger and let Okung walk.  If we get rid of KO and Hudson and plug in some 5th rounders, then I'll get concerned.

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

The Seahawks didn't have a ton of talent to work with. Cable's always had to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shhh

Fair points but I don't think anything I said was wrong per se.  If it works out, great.  It'll be interesting either way.

On 12/05/2018 at 7:08 AM, Silver&Black88 said:
On 11/05/2018 at 8:56 AM, Darbsk said:

You're right! 

giphy.gif

On 11/05/2018 at 7:31 PM, Geezy said:

Touché S&B88

Though it did just remind me how terrible the new Star Wars films are :(

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

We'll see with Cable, but I'm not hinging the line's performance on him. For the most part, this line's performance will be largely defined by scheme and talent.

Isn't that kinda saying it hinges on him some?

Kinda hard to screw up this line 

we have one of the most talented and highest paid interior lines in the NFL KO, Hudson, Jackson

hoping Cable Gruden didn’t screw up in selecting Kolton. If he develops and is a good left tackle would really fill a huge need! Right tackle has potential in sharpe or Parker. Cable needs to just coach up the tackles, interior line is already set 

• 2 weeks later...

widoubt it but say it all works out. Hurst, Hall, Kolton, Parker, Nelson, Key all work out.... Melvin and Conley work our at CB

what position would you address in 2019 Draft?

RB- aging Lynch

TE- Cook will be an over 30 free agent

WR- Nelson is older, Bryant will be a free agent, Switzer & Ateman are a wild card

DE- Edwards will be a free agent... his make or break year

MLB- DJ is an old man

S- Nelson is an old man, and Obi is an unknown

excellent to see Gruden attack the tackle, dts, cb, pass rush units in 2018

On 5/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, Darbsk said:

Touché S&B88

Though it did just remind me how terrible the new Star Wars films are :(

Solo was entertaining and it was nice to see some of the old stories played out like the kessel run.

On 5/8/2018 at 9:27 PM, NightTrainLane said:

We brought in a pretty good ST coach that know his stuff and has been around. I'm sure there is a reason the Eagles punter is still a free agent teams in camps, some with multiple punters on the roster.

But I respect your opinion on Duke. Maybe he is a gem and maybe not but it definitely is a mis-step not to draft him at that point imo. We can disagree.

And using punter avgs isn't a great convincer to me. I'm be happy we went for a kid with talent and a big leg that we control for pennies for 4-5 years that the coaches can mold.

And where would he play after drafting Hurst, Key. Hill and all the guys we have on the roster?

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, but didn't see this mentioned here.  Anyone looking at Adonis Alexander in the Supp draft?  6'3 CBs are not easy to come-bye, could also groom as a future safety.

I actually don't care if we pass, as I'm surprisingly optimistic of our CBs this year.  Though I  wouldn't be upset at all though to throw a 6ish or later rounder to see what happens. thoughts?

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2018 at 4:04 PM, Humble_Beast said:

widoubt it but say it all works out. Hurst, Hall, Kolton, Parker, Nelson, Key all work out.... Melvin and Conley work our at CB

what position would you address in 2019 Draft?

RB- aging Lynch

TE- Cook will be an over 30 free agent

WR- Nelson is older, Bryant will be a free agent, Switzer & Ateman are a wild card

DE- Edwards will be a free agent... his make or break year

MLB- DJ is an old man

S- Nelson is an old man, and Obi is an unknown

excellent to see Gruden attack the tackle, dts, cb, pass rush units in 2018

MLB: draft

S: Gilchrist plays well and we resign him

DE: we added key, have Irvin, Edwards may resign on a 1 year deal based on how he plays

TE: Tight ends play well into their 30s and Cook shows no signs of slowing down

RB: always talent in the draft/FA

On 7/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

MLB: draft

S: Gilchrist plays well and we resign him

DE: we added key, have Irvin, Edwards may resign on a 1 year deal based on how he plays

TE: Tight ends play well into their 30s and Cook shows no signs of slowing down

RB: always talent in the draft/FA

so how would your draft the 1st

3 rounds??

Archived