Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

2018 Draft Recap Thread

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The Seahawks didn't have a ton of talent to work with. Cable's always had to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shhh

Yes and no. He had Okung and they spent some early draft picks on the Oline. Carpenter comes to mind. 

I just didn't understand the fit. He's a zone guy primarily and this Oline is a group of maulers. We saw zone concepts fail them in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yes and no. He had Okung and they spent some early draft picks on the Oline. Carpenter comes to mind. 

I just didn't understand the fit. He's a zone guy primarily and this Oline is a group of maulers. We saw zone concepts fail them in 2017.

In agreement here. It's been posted before, the Seahawks drafted plenty of linemen in high and mid rounds. I will agree losing Unger hurt them. But Cable did not excel. I cringed at his hiring. Had no real problem with any hire other than him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, true2form said:

As long as we don't follow the way they did things it should be completely different.  Cable is not going to mold late round picks into good players, that's what they tried to do.  Seattle was fine until they traded Unger and let Okung walk.  If we get rid of KO and Hudson and plug in some 5th rounders, then I'll get concerned.

 

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

The Seahawks didn't have a ton of talent to work with. Cable's always had to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shhh

Fair points but I don't think anything I said was wrong per se.  If it works out, great.  It'll be interesting either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll see with Cable, but I'm not hinging the line's performance on him. For the most part, this line's performance will be largely defined by scheme and talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2018 at 7:08 AM, Silver&Black88 said:
On 11/05/2018 at 8:56 AM, Darbsk said:

You're right! 

giphy.gif

On 11/05/2018 at 7:31 PM, Geezy said:

 

Touché S&B88

Though it did just remind me how terrible the new Star Wars films are :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

We'll see with Cable, but I'm not hinging the line's performance on him. For the most part, this line's performance will be largely defined by scheme and talent.

Isn't that kinda saying it hinges on him some?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda hard to screw up this line 

we have one of the most talented and highest paid interior lines in the NFL KO, Hudson, Jackson

hoping Cable Gruden didn’t screw up in selecting Kolton. If he develops and is a good left tackle would really fill a huge need! Right tackle has potential in sharpe or Parker. Cable needs to just coach up the tackles, interior line is already set 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Isn't that kinda saying it hinges on him some?

I imagine Gruden is in charge of the scheme. 

Edited by Rich7sena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×