DEN - BUF Trade Offer - What Would You Have Done?

Broncofan

Do You Trade Or Stay at 1.5?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. I would:

• Stay at 1.5 and 3.71
    • Trade down to 1.12 1.22 2.56

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For the record Beane confirmed that BUF would have done the deal - but CLE taking Ward at 1.4 instead of Chubb had Elway call off the deal.  Worked out for all 3 teams - DEN got the guy they wanted but didn’t think would be there at 1.5, BUF still got Allen without giving up 1.22 and TAM got to move back.  

CLE’s choice of Ward at 1.4, Elway passing on Rosen at 1.5, passing on the deal BUF offered,  all great fodder for what-ifs later.  

Jesus they tried to trade with the browns? As soon as Barkley left at two I would have taken the deal on the condition of not giving up the 3rd but maybe a 4th or a 5th. H/e considering it's the Browns that 22nd pick might have imploded that whole organization. So might have been For the best. Lol.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus they tried to trade with the browns? As soon as Barkley left at two I would have taken the deal on the condition of not giving up the 3rd but maybe a 4th or a 5th. H/e considering it's the Browns that 22nd pick might have imploded that whole organization. So might have been For the best. Lol.

It’s telling what Beane said.   They couldn’t agree on the price.    The DEN price was obviously the floor of the BUF offer.    Given CLE was 3.68 maybe it was 1.4 & 3.68 for 1.12 1.22 and 2.53 as a floor.   If not more.  

I know CLE loved Ward but taking CB 1.22 and BPA 1.12 (James?) and 2.53 instead of 3.68, yeah it’s another what-if fun scenario for later.  

On 4/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, Broncofan said:

With hindsight it’s been suggested thus would have been our best case scenario: 

1.12 Vea 

You're assuming the Bucs take Chubb at #7 instead of Vea or that the Colts take Chubb at #6, and the Bucs take Nelson instead of Vea at #7. 

23 minutes ago, Crickett said:

You're assuming the Bucs take Chubb at #7 instead of Vea or that the Colts take Chubb at #6, and the Bucs take Nelson instead of Vea at #7. 

Yeah like I said,  it was best case.  Further down the OP I pointed out Tampa still could have taken Vea 1.7 - which is one if the reasons why I’m ok with Elway sticking with Chubb at 1.5.  Exact part: 

if Tampa doesn't move back, can't say for sure they don't take Vea at 1.7 either.  Then our draft result above completely changes). 

Archived