The 2022/23 Buffalo Sabres Thread

BillsGuy82

Figured after us winning the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes we can generate some early Sabres talk.

In a nutshell we just won a generational defenseman whose compared to Victor Hedman, Erik Karlsson and Nick Lidstrom. He's NHL ready and has at times dominated the Swedish Elite League over last 2 seasons.

Edited by BillsGuy82

Fantastic core of Dahlin, Jack Eichel, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Brendan Guhle and Casey Mittlestadt shaping up 

Craig Button yesterday now calls Sabres new John Tavares dark horse as well. We have the money easy to sign him and alot of pundits feel ROR could be traded out which will free up the cap room.

Pencil me in as a fan of Carey Price who is rumored to be on way out of Montreal. It's time to move on from Robin Lehner

We are definitely a destination now.

Dahlin is insanely talented and puts this team in playoff talks next year if we can add a few more pieces.

I hope we make a splash in FA to fill another top-4 D spot and a couple depth forwards.

FINALLY we win a damn lottery. 

29 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

We are definitely a destination now.

Dahlin is insanely talented and puts this team in playoff talks next year if we can add a few more pieces.

I hope we make a splash in FA to fill another top-4 D spot and a couple depth forwards.

FINALLY we win a damn lottery. 

Our cap situation is great going forward. Dahlin is the Connor McDavid off defense according to Craig Button

In order for Tavares we'd have to deal ROR which might happen but we're gonna be active this off season. Watch for James Van Riemsdyk as a target.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:31 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Fantastic core of Dahlin, Jack Eichel, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Brendan Guhle and Casey Mittlestadt shaping up 

Craig Button yesterday now calls Sabres new John Tavares dark horse as well. We have the money easy to sign him and alot of pundits feel ROR could be traded out which will free up the cap room.

Pencil me in as a fan of Carey Price who is rumored to be on way out of Montreal. It's time to move on from Robin Lehner

Johnny WHO?!?!?!

Oh wait.....wrong sport....

Edited by davidderion

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to see Dahlin play!!  I'm so happy for the Buffalo Sabres we finally win the draft lottery!!!  I like ROR but if we get Tavares then you'd have to trade him but I think we get back major pieces for our team.  I'm hoping for a playoff spot next year but we should at least make a major jump in the standings regardless

1 hour ago, Maxmw22 said:

Don't forget guys, now that the Sharks resigned Evander Kane, we get their 1st rd pick instead of their 2nd.

Yea, it's a 2019 1st we now get.

I expect Botterill to be active this summer shaking our roster up 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea, it's a 2019 1st we now get.

I expect Botterill to be active this summer shaking our roster up 

It's a 2019 or 2020. San Jose has a lottery protection on it. If they get a lottery pick next year, they have option to defer the pick to 2020.

• 2 weeks later...

Sabres said they will not be making a qualifying offer to Lehner....thank god. I still can't believe we traded a 1st rd pick for him. I thought it was a good move at that point, but man, let's have Ullmark show us what he has and get him a partner in net.