Sign in to follow this  
BillsGuy82

The 2018-2019 Buffalo Sabres Thread

Figured after us winning the Rasmus Dahlin sweepstakes we can generate some early Sabres talk.

In a nutshell we just won a generational defenseman whose compared to Victor Hedman, Erik Karlsson and Nick Lidstrom. He's NHL ready and has at times dominated the Swedish Elite League over last 2 seasons.

Fantastic core of Dahlin, Jack Eichel, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Brendan Guhle and Casey Mittlestadt shaping up 

Craig Button yesterday now calls Sabres new John Tavares dark horse as well. We have the money easy to sign him and alot of pundits feel ROR could be traded out which will free up the cap room.

Pencil me in as a fan of Carey Price who is rumored to be on way out of Montreal. It's time to move on from Robin Lehner

We are definitely a destination now.

Dahlin is insanely talented and puts this team in playoff talks next year if we can add a few more pieces.

I hope we make a splash in FA to fill another top-4 D spot and a couple depth forwards.

FINALLY we win a damn lottery. 

29 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

We are definitely a destination now.

Dahlin is insanely talented and puts this team in playoff talks next year if we can add a few more pieces.

I hope we make a splash in FA to fill another top-4 D spot and a couple depth forwards.

FINALLY we win a damn lottery. 

Our cap situation is great going forward. Dahlin is the Connor McDavid off defense according to Craig Button

In order for Tavares we'd have to deal ROR which might happen but we're gonna be active this off season. Watch for James Van Riemsdyk as a target.

We had a consensus top 5 prospect pool this season that's about to add Dahlin. We're almost at the point where we have to deal young talent. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2018 at 12:31 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Fantastic core of Dahlin, Jack Eichel, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sam Reinhart, Brendan Guhle and Casey Mittlestadt shaping up 

Craig Button yesterday now calls Sabres new John Tavares dark horse as well. We have the money easy to sign him and alot of pundits feel ROR could be traded out which will free up the cap room.

Pencil me in as a fan of Carey Price who is rumored to be on way out of Montreal. It's time to move on from Robin Lehner

Johnny WHO?!?!?!

Oh wait.....wrong sport....

Edited by davidderion

I would say, if you get any kind of goaltending, there is no way you miss the playoffs next season. Should be the most improved team in the NHL with any kind of decent goaltending.