2019 NFL Draft Discussion

Nick_gb

Isn't it crazy? We all sit around and wait for our grownup "Christmas" of the NFL season for an entire year and just like that it's come and gone and we're off and ready to talk about the upcoming draft a year later. I figured we could kick this off because there's  A LOT to be excited about next draft. We have 2 1st Round picks going into the season. So, with that said, here are some names I'll be keying in on over the fall. 

1. Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan 

2. A.J. Brown, WR, OLE Miss

3. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

4. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

5. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

6. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

7. Raekwon Davis, DE, Alabama 

8. Christian Wilkins, DE/DT, Clemson

9. Anfernee Jennings, OLB/DE, Alabama (R-Jr., 6-3, 262)  (Dubz41)

10. Montez Sweat, DE/OLB, Mississippi State (Sr., 6-6, 241) (Dubz41)

11. Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky (Sr., 6-5, 230) (Dubz41)

12. Brian Burns, FSU, Edge (PossibleCabbage)

13. Joe Jackson, Miami, Edge (Possiblecabbage)

14. D'Andre Walker, Georgia, Edge  (PossibleCabbage)

Another thought.  If it's time for offense, maybe it's time to think post ARod.  Two first round picks bundled for:

1. Drew Lock, QB, Missouri (Sr., 6-4, 225)

2. Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn (R-Jr., 6-3, 214)

Dubz41

Honestly, those Clemson games are really where you want to key in on. That entire DL is coming out in the 2019 NFL Draft and it can't be at a better time for Green Bay. Looking at this list everyone here could EASILY be a top 10 Pick in the past 2 years. This is perfect for Green Bay as we likely lose CM3 next year and 1 of these names should be in serious consideration for Green Bay. I went with A.J. Brown in case we end up losing Cobb (Likely happens) as he's a really solid route runner, with sure hands, so I tossed his name in there as someone to watch.

Who will you guys be looking at? What positions? 

This is a nice list to start but what looks like a strength today could be a weakness by mid-season. I'd say need to look at the TE position in 2019 as well. That is just on paper today. Safety could be a need if we let Dix walk. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is a nice list to start but what looks like a strength today could be a weakness by mid-season. I'd say need to look at the TE position in 2019 as well. That is just on paper today. Safety could be a need if we let Dix walk. 

It's easy to make a nice list when you can literally blindly throw the entire Clemson DL up on the list and not be wrong lol. Although, Rashan Gary intrigues me more then any of those Clemson kids and I may be in the minority with that.

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

It's easy to make a nice list when you can literally blindly throw the entire Clemson DL up on the list and not be wrong lol. Although, Rashan Gary intrigues me more then any of those Clemson kids and I may be in the minority with that.

Don’t think your in the minority there. I think he might grow into a replacement for Wilkerson though. Isn’t he already 285#?

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I was pretty bummed when the Clemson DL all decided to go back to school. Ferrell was the guy I was thinking might land in GB if those guys enter the draft.

I see it as a blessing in disguise. We had to go CB's. Just no way around it. Now we have 2 first rounders and those guys going back to school was a good thing

Hoping we go EDGE and OL in the first, providing they keep both first rounders of course. Whoever looks like they'd be a great right tackle and the other a sack master. I don't know any names yet. Can go WR/TE in the second or whatever. 

I like the dedication but it is way too early for this thread to start. Look at this too early 2018 mock from last April. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

Thete are udfas and late picks in round 1. I remember one of these several years ago had a qb name Javon Snead from Ole Miss as a #1 overall pick.

Lets enjoy the season 

24 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I like the dedication but it is way too early for this thread to start. Look at this too early 2018 mock from last April. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

Thete are udfas and late picks in round 1. I remember one of these several years ago had a qb name Javon Snead from Ole Miss as a #1 overall pick.

Lets enjoy the season 

Decent thread for casual college fans to flip a game on that has some prospects in it or something. Fun to just get some names out there.

Archived