Dede Westbrook losing favor in organization?

.Buzz

Not really surprising, since he was at best equal to Cole (though Cole made more big plays and outproduced him). He's clearly behind Marquis and you don't pay Moncrief what they're paying him if they don't think he's going to not start. You then add DJ Chark into the mix.

I wouldn't put too much into this though, because we know we'll carry at least 5 receivers...and DeDe should be part of that at the very least. We also know that Moncrief is on a one-year deal and Lee is essentially on a 2-year deal. He isn't going anywhere. But from a fantasy standpoint? I mean, yeah. But why are you taking a Jaguar receiver in fantasy anyway unless its a late-round sleeper/depth pick?

10 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Not really surprising, since he was at best equal to Cole (though Cole made more big plays and outproduced him). He's clearly behind Marquis and you don't pay Moncrief what they're paying him if they don't think he's going to not start. You then add DJ Chark into the mix.

I wouldn't put too much into this though, because we know we'll carry at least 5 receivers...and DeDe should be part of that at the very least. We also know that Moncrief is on a one-year deal and Lee is essentially on a 2-year deal. He isn't going anywhere. But from a fantasy standpoint? I mean, yeah. But why are you taking a Jaguar receiver in fantasy anyway unless its a late-round sleeper/depth pick?

Im not sure why anyone playing WR/TE for us is being mentioned in fantasy 

Honestly, it's kinda more surprising that he's apparently not 5th on the depth chart.

Lee+Moncrief are the clear starters.  From there, they just spent a high pick on DJ Chark...who may take a little bit of time to get prepared for the NFL, but if he's gonna live up to his draft slot, probably should be slotting in ahead of Dede sooner or later.  Plus Keelan, who i think ought to be ahead of Dede on the depth chart based on what they've shown so far.  I think it's entirely conceivable that Dede finds himself 5th on the depth chart before too long.

I mean, he's been fine depth and stepped up reasonably well when needed.  But he hasn't exactly shown that he's on track to be a stud starting WR imo.  Really not surprising if he slips down a depth chart that's actually pretty crowded with #2/3/4ish type WRs.

Fortunately for him, as others have said...there will inevitably be WR injuries.  Dede will have plenty of opportunity to show he can be more than a nice depth guy who can step in when injuries strike.

He played OK last year when he got his chances, but I think he's been very overrated by fans who assume he was a stud coming out of college if not for poor character. 

He's a low ceiling, smallish possession receiver. With options now on the team who can possibly scare a defense, it doesn't surprise me how easily the team upgraded his role from last season. 

I think he peaked as a rookie. We have some interesting upside at the position. It's a good thing Dede is sliding down the depth chart. 

On 4/30/2018 at 3:10 PM, Tugboat said:

Honestly, it's kinda more surprising that he's apparently not 5th on the depth chart.

Lee+Moncrief are the clear starters.  From there, they just spent a high pick on DJ Chark...who may take a little bit of time to get prepared for the NFL, but if he's gonna live up to his draft slot, probably should be slotting in ahead of Dede sooner or later.  Plus Keelan, who i think ought to be ahead of Dede on the depth chart based on what they've shown so far.  I think it's entirely conceivable that Dede finds himself 5th on the depth chart before too long.

I mean, he's been fine depth and stepped up reasonably well when needed.  But he hasn't exactly shown that he's on track to be a stud starting WR imo.  Really not surprising if he slips down a depth chart that's actually pretty crowded with #2/3/4ish type WRs.

Fortunately for him, as others have said...there will inevitably be WR injuries.  Dede will have plenty of opportunity to show he can be more than a nice depth guy who can step in when injuries strike.

as long as we keep Mickens as well. i dont wanna lose our stud PR man just cuz roster position numbers. 

Archived