2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

eagles_pick.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Let's not waste any time....

This years draft wasn't very exciting bc we only had 1 pick on the first 2 days & the 2nd fewest selections of any draft in Eagles history after only 1989 where we picked 4 players.

Safe to say the 2019 draft will be much more interesting as we are projected (compensatory to be announced) have 10 total picks and 4 on the first 2 days. 

Here are the picks and how we got them (credit to Jimmy Kempski at PhillyVoice):

Round How acquired 
 1 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Acquired from Ravens during 2018 NFL Draft 
 3 Eagles' own pick
 4 Eagles' own pick 
 4 (projected) Compensatory pick 
 5 Eagles' own pick 
 6 Eagles' own pick 
 6 (projected) Compensatory pick 
 7 Either the Eagles' own pick, or the pick acquired from Broncos for Allen Barbre, depending on which one they traded during the 2018 NFL Draft, which has yet to be determined.
Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The good part is DL isn't a need and would be more of a luxury.

I'm still concerned about DE in all honesty.

Chris Long will probably retire. Graham we probably can't afford. I'm still not sure I trust Bennett to perform the way many do and he also has that lingering off the field incident. Sweat is an unknown at this point. We have Barnett yeah. I still think a DE is taken in one of our first 3 picks next year.

Just now, Kiltman said:

probably will need a rotational DT..but they might just sign a guy

Yeah, I agree. 

This year we'll have Bennett and Graham who could get snaps at DT on 3rd downs as small 3Ts and Ngata as a run stuffer.

But, next year Ngata and Graham are free agents.

A DT that could play 1T but still has some pass rush ability or a 3T that can still be stout enough against the run to play some 1T would be ideal.

If next years DT class is as good as its expected to be, then we should be able to find a good one on day 2 where we have 3 picks.

Just now, Danger said:

I'm still concerned about DE in all honesty.

Chris Long will probably retire. Graham we probably can't afford. I'm still not sure I trust Bennett to perform the way many do and he also has that lingering off the field incident. Sweat is an unknown at this point. We have Barnett yeah. I still think a DE is taken in one of our first 3 picks next year.

I mean I agree that we are likely gonna take a pretty big hit at that spot, but we've done work the past 2 years to keep adding talent there.

Derek Barnett played better than I expected and impressed me by adding an inside counter to his arsenal. Excited to see if he can make a jump in year 2.

Sweat is an unknown like any rookie, but he has a lot of talent. He could be the starter for years to come opposite Barnett assuming the knee is all good.

Long does likely retire and think Graham does take that big pay day from a team with more cap space, but he loves it here, so who knows.

We should certainly keep loading up there and next year might be a pretty good class to get someone day 1 or day 2.