2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Anyone watch Marquise brown yet? He’s exactly what we need in our offense, Joe loves looking at college production and he has it. He really improved on his route running this year and I think he has it all to be elite. I love how he learned how to use his speed, a lot of wrs it takes years to learn and get comfortable when to turn on the burners but he has it. It really helps with his route running and causing separation. 

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I wonder what jordan mailata looks like in practice right now has he improved even more? I wish we were more privy to this info for mock drafts. If he gets better every week we dont take an OL early unless it's a can't miss guard 

No such thing as a cant miss guard....

42 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

A talent evaluator who has a high rating on a guard probably thinks thats the safest pick he can make. Guards usually dont bust. 

I feel like they have been busting more than they used to though...they were always like the hardest position to screw up forever though.

I wonder if it's because of being asked to do more, or the fact that they are more skill/speed positions than they ever were before.
Where before it was "You big, you stand there and take up space" sorta thing. Evaluation didn't go much deeper

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

No such thing as a cant miss guard....

No such thing as a can't miss anything, including Saquon being a can't miss RB, but there are some prospects who are "very likely to succeed", like Barkley, or the Colts rookie OG from Notre Dame, or Luke Kuechly. I thought Giants OG Willie Hernandez was in that "Likely to succeed" group based on his athleticism, attitude, and functional strength. Really good OG's are fairly easy to project, but obviously it doesn't always work out (Chance Warmack/Jonathan Cooper).

I think sometimes we also just kinda agreed with media/consensus when it came to the Chance Warmacks instead of actually watching them and looking for deficiencies. I never watched a draft breakdown on Warmack because I just assumed he was actually good since everyone said he was.

Edited by Jeezla

Darrell Henderson is likely to succeed. He could have quit at halftime and still had a hell of a game. Am I the only one who watches this guy? Leading the NCAA in rushing yards, and only an injury could potentially make that not be the case at the end of the season. He's perfect for this offense. I have to start mocking him in the 2nd now. By the end of the year, he might be getting mocked in the late 1st by Mayock and friends.

Edited by Jeezla

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

what is the likelihood our first pick isnt a DL at this point? like 5% chance we dont take one?

I'd say it's a little higher, can see them valuing some WR, OL or DBs highly too.

I'd agree though chances are probably overwhelmingly going towards DL (DT)...especially because of the 1st round depth and the chances that we'd move up for one over those other positions.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I'd say it's a little higher, can see them valuing some WR, OL or DBs highly too.

I'd agree though chances are probably overwhelmingly going towards DL (DT)...especially because of the 1st round depth and the chances that we'd move up for one over those other positions.

Going to need to draft at least 3 dl this upcoming draft 

On 10/13/2018 at 12:59 AM, DeSean Jackson said:

Anyone watch Marquise brown yet? He’s exactly what we need in our offense, Joe loves looking at college production and he has it. He really improved on his route running this year and I think he has it all to be elite. I love how he learned how to use his speed, a lot of wrs it takes years to learn and get comfortable when to turn on the burners but he has it. It really helps with his route running and causing separation. 

There's a discussion on Brown a few pages back. I'm a big fan of his and think he's a great fit. 

Every time I watch Wake Forest, their C Ryan Anderson dominates. I want hope we draft him to succeed Kelce, and we might be able to get him in round 6/7. He has zero hype. 6'6" 305 lb C who can move well, and he handled potential 1st round DT Jerry Tillery on ND like it was childs play. He's currently owning FSU's DT's. They can't get any push.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1