2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

On 1/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

we're picking 25th man

My bad.

Hopefully Jeff Simmons gets caught smoking a blunt at the combine and slides to us. Maybe Laremy Tunsil can let him borrow his mask.

Edited by Jeezla

Top needs IMO, assuming Schwartz is sticking around

1. DL
  2. OL
  3. CB
  4. S
  5. RB

If Schwartz is gone, then I probably bump CB to the top. We have enough holes that going BPA is a no-brainer, so it's more than likely going to be a defensive linemen. Injury to Brooks has made OL all the more weaker, really only 2 locked down spots on the entire OL heading into 2018... Yikes. I think those 2 are up there. For CB, I hope we can just bring Darby back, and maybe go CB in mid rounds. RB I just don't value too highly. If a game changer is there in the 1st or 2nd, take him. Otherwise try to find a gem late or a young guy in FA. 

Rasul Douglas and Avonte Maddox played great at the end of the year.  Jalen Mills is solid as well.  Darby can also be solid depending on his health.

Safety is a concern considering Malcom Jenkins age.

OL definitely needs an investment considering Kelce is contemplating retirement, Brooks has a serious injury, and Peters will retire soon as well.  I think Kelce will stay, but the question will remain year to year.

Running back is in my opinion the biggest need, though not sure about a first rounder for one.  Their run game has been their biggest downfall this year.

Edited by JayWood2010

8 hours ago, JayWood2010 said:

Rasul Douglas and Avonte Maddox played great at the end of the year.  Jalen Mills is solid as well.  Darby can also be solid depending on his health.

Safety is a concern considering Malcom Jenkins age.

OL definitely needs an investment considering Kelce is contemplating retirement, Brooks has a serious injury, and Peters will retire soon as well.  I think Kelce will stay, but the question will remain year to year.

Running back is in my opinion the biggest need, though not sure about a first rounder for one.  Their run game has been their biggest downfall this year.

Mills is trash

That said I agree with most of your points outside of RB being our biggest need. It's certainly a big need but I think with all the questions along our offensive line that has got to be the biggest need.

Also I think we see Foles tagged and traded and I think the team he goes to is Jacksonville with at the very least similar compensation as the Bradford deal (a 1 & 3) with their top 10 pick that could put us in position to add a top offensive tackle in the draft, although I'm not sure what the OL class looks like.

• Walter Football: CB Greedy Williams, LSU
  • CBS: S Nasir Adderley, UDel
  • PFF: WR Kelvin Harmon, NCSU
  • Bleacher Report: CB Byron Murphy, UW

Mocks are still all over the place, nobody has any clue about the range where all but ~10 or so guys will land, it would seem. Regardless of the mock, there is always some serious DT talent still around when we make our pick. With the depth of DT, and a likely BPA approach, that is definitely looking like it will be the direction we go.