2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Saw Dane Brugler's top 10 by position and glanced at the RBs and saw someone listed at 5'7" from Utah State ranked 10th.... his name is Darwin Thompson.

This is what he said about him in the short blurb where he provided a few thoughts on some of the guys:

Darwin Thompson might not be one of the first 10 backs drafted, but I’ll bet a few teams looking for a Tarik Cohen-like skill set will have him rated as a top-125 pick.

That had me really intrigued since I wanted us to take Tarik Cohen in 2017 who went the pick after we selected Mack Hollins.

Instead we ended up selecting Donnel Pumphrey later that round and we all know how that ended up.

Anyways....

It's hard not to watch clips of him and get excited. Dude can scoot, bounces off tackles and while short he's got a well built body at almost 200 lbs.

Not saying he's Sproles, but that move using his hand to keep himself up and keep going is something we've seen from #43.

Pumphrey listed at 5'9" and 180 lbs according to San Diego State.... came in at 5'8" and 176 lbs.

Thompson listed at 5'8" and 200 lbs according to Utah State.... Brugler has him listed at 5'7" and 194 lbs.

Been compared to Jerick McKinnon, Dion Lewis, Darren Sproles, and Tarik Cohen.....

So, here are their measurments coming out:

Sproles.... 5'6" 187 lbs

Cohen... 5'6" 174 lbs

Lewis... 5'6" 193 lbs

McKinnon... almost 5'9" 206 lbs

Smaller RBs can be fun, but they gotta have some weight to them and the only one who was under 185 lbs was Cohen and Pumphrey didn't have his level of shiftiness.

Not to mention Cohen was up to 190 lbs according to him during the off-season last year.

It would be real nice if we could draft another impact defensive player..... I mean the last one really was Fletcher Cox.

Not even just talking about an elite player...... just a really good one.

Like what's the closest we have come to that? Hicks? mannnnnn 

Obviously we all are hoping that Barnett can take his game to a new level next year.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It would be real nice if we could draft another impact defensive player..... I mean the last one really was Fletcher Cox.

Not even just talking about an elite player...... just a really good one.

Like what's the closest we have come to that? Hicks? mannnnnn 

Obviously we all are hoping that Barnett can take his game to a new level next year.

I hope Barnett can, but not sure he has the athleticism/ceiling to be that. Was on the path to being pretty damn good though.

Yeah I just want some guys who will make plays, not just wrap up and tackle around where they should. 

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

How would you guys feel about Mack Wilson at 25?

Haven't broke down film, but obviously liked him a lot when I watched Bama live. 

If we decide not to re-sign Hicks, then it makes a lot of sense.

Dude looks like a stud, plays the ball extremely well for a LB and also looks like he stonewalls into a hole.

I'd be in, I like hicks, but he didn't seem himself this year...and he has his injury problems...with a tight cap maybe they let him walk.
Or yea maybe they would just take Wilson and have him and hicks share the two spots.