2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Paddy Fisher LB, Northwestern. He's one of my current man crushes.

HUGE fan of Paddy - every-time I tuned into a NW game he's always popping out.

A few other LBs I like are Charles Wright, TJ Edwards (seems like the perfect Schwartz LB), Tre Lamar, and Joe Giles-Harris. I'm assuming we'll make LB an early priority so I plan to keep my eye on potential prospects this year. 

3 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

A few other LBs I like are Charles Wright, TJ Edwards (seems like the perfect Schwartz LB), Tre Lamar, and Joe Giles-Harris. I'm assuming we'll make LB an early priority so I plan to keep my eye on potential prospects this year. 

I like Edwards and Giles-Harris too. Just not as much as Paddy or Hodge right now. 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Sam Beal (CB) and Adonis Alexander (S) are two pretty good prospects in the supplemental draft. I think both will have plenty of suitors and wouldn't mind us taking a chance on either one. 

At what cost though? I'm not suggesting we're stacked by any means in the secondary but is there even a realistic shot for either to make the squad in 2018?

Darby, Mills, Jones, Douglas

Jenkins, McCleod, Maragos

All but Guaranteed barring injury IMO.

I guess one could take one of these players spots Maddox, Buasby, Sullivan?

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

At what cost though? I'm not suggesting we're stacked by any means in the secondary but is there even a realistic shot for either to make the squad in 2018?

Darby, Mills, Jones, Douglas

Jenkins, McCleod, Maragos

All but Guaranteed barring injury IMO.

I guess one could take one of these players spots Maddox, Buasby, Sullivan?

I think Beal is a legit first round prospect in 2019 had he not entered the supplemental draft. If you get the chance to scoop up a prospect like that in the 3rd or 4th round, I'm not sure how you pass that up.

Alexander is probably going to go towards the end of the supp draft but scoping up a safety with some potential late wouldn't be a terrible idea. 

Just some thoughts on a deeper then usual supplemental draft group.

Ronald Darby
Sidney Jones
Jalen Mills
Avonte Maddox
DeVante Bausby
Douglas (Transitions to FS during the year)
McLeod
Jenkins
Maragos

Then maybe you're looking at Tre Sullivan as well. If we can acquire more CB talent though for cheap there's no reason not to do it. We'll figure the rest out later.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be opposed to taking a DB in the supplemental draft. If Beal is legitimately a first round prospect for 2019, it would seem like a big missed opportunity to not at least put in a claim for him. 

Feeling like Darby won't be back. Organization doesn't seem to value paying CB as much in terms of roster construction. Jenkins isn't getting younger. McLeod's contract gets scary very fast going forward. And on top of all that, our safety depth as of this moment is a little scary. 

14 hours ago, WeaponX said:

Wouldn't be opposed to taking a DB in the supplemental draft. If Beal is legitimately a first round prospect for 2019, it would seem like a big missed opportunity to not at least put in a claim for him. 

Feeling like Darby won't be back. Organization doesn't seem to value paying CB as much in terms of roster construction. Jenkins isn't getting younger. McLeod's contract gets scary very fast going forward. And on top of all that, our safety depth as of this moment is a little scary. 

It's too late, the supplemental draft is over. 

On 5/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, Scalamania said:

If we draft Charles Wright, is his nickname the godfather or papa shango?